Portland Bill

Edit My Images
Yes
My lad and i wanted to watch a sunset and decided on going to portland bill, ive not been there for 30 years ( i was about 5 ) and wanted to see if it bought back any memories.
Anyway we watched the sun go down which is always an amazing site and grabbed a few pics.
C+C would be great

DSC_7405-HDR by mathew whitlock, on Flickr

DSC_7307 by mathew whitlock, on Flickr

DSC_7302-2 by mathew whitlock, on Flickr

DSC_7283 by mathew whitlock, on Flickr

It was strange when we were there, being 5 on my last visit i always thought that the cliffs were ALOT higher than what they actually are, still a very nice place we will be visiting again

Mat

No comments?
Im looking to improve as much as i can so i want any advice i can get, be as brutal as you need to be its how we learn

I really like the second one. Personally might try to clone out the line below the cill from the lightning conductor (?) but theres something really nice about this image

Forst feels to busy and a. It flat in the foreground for me and the 3rd is pleasant and just needs a small crop or clone at the bottom where the arched lintel is visible

Thanks for the comments guys, im going to try the edits you all suggest, daft question i know but to adjust the shadows in the window do i just move the slider for shadows to right?
i ask as some one said to move the black for shadows so im a bit confused

thanks again

Mat

Oh yeah, for some reason the window shot is my favourite, i saw lots of pics of the light house and just tried to get something abit different, glad i did as i really like it

No1 is good. I like the way you've let the sun dip below the horizon instead of trying for a dazzling sunburst. One of my favourite spots around the old crane.

No1 is good. I like the way you've let the sun dip below the horizon instead of trying for a dazzling sunburst. One of my favourite spots around the old crane.

i was thinking about a sun burst shot, but was worried i would get lens flare, so decided to wait, happy i did

Back