Portmerion pano

We did have some sun & blue sky amongst the wind & wet when we stayed at Portmerion.
I have visited a couple of times but never stayed there. I have to visit the area next summer for a few days so would you recommend staying there?
Were you summoned by Number one in the night or chased by large balloons?

Dave

I have visited a couple of times but never stayed there. I have to visit the area next summer for a few days so would you recommend staying there?
Were you summoned by Number one in the night or chased by large balloons?

Dave
No alarms or excursions in the night I am pleased to report!

We stayed there for a weekend as a present from the kids for our Golden Wedding. You can stay in the hotel (expensive) or self catering in some of the buildings in the village itself - we stayed in Angel Cottage which sleeps 6, but there may be smaller accomodation if there are fewer of you.

We thoroughly enjoyed the stay - you get a chance for some people-free photos early in the day before the gates open and again at the end of the day. The food in the hotel was excellent - but at a price - we only ate there the one night!

Portmerion is very convenient for the Ffestiniog Railway as well.

I would stay there again.

Lovely picture of a fascinating place. Well done John :D

No alarms or excursions in the night I am pleased to report!

We stayed there for a weekend as a present from the kids for our Golden Wedding. You can stay in the hotel (expensive) or self catering in some of the buildings in the village itself - we stayed in Angel Cottage which sleeps 6, but there may be smaller accomodation if there are fewer of you.

We thoroughly enjoyed the stay - you get a chance for some people-free photos early in the day before the gates open and again at the end of the day. The food in the hotel was excellent - but at a price - we only ate there the one night!

Portmerion is very convenient for the Ffestiniog Railway as well.

I would stay there again.
Many thanks, I think we will book in next summer.

Dave

A lovely photo of a lovely place John, it's been a good few years since I last went ( 30ish) but Mrs Badger really wants to see it so it's on my list for next summer .

You did it justice here. It looks lovely. Just how I remember it.

Gaz

Back