Portrait course local to Sheffield?

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
I'm wanting to make the move into portrait photography and thought it be a good idea to enrol myself onto a short course to give me some knowledge on the subject.
It's the best way I learn, I know there's a wealth I info freely available however it's not the way for me.

So my question is, can anyone recommend a short course (say 1 or2 days) to get me some knowledge and started on the learning curve?

I don't mind a bit of travel for the right course.

Many thanks
Mark

Last edited:
I do appreciate the heads up Ryan but the location is a little further than I was thinking, I drive a rather thirsty car and a 260 mile round trip would almost be a full tank of fuel.

Good luck with the courses though, they look like very good value for money thats for sure!!

hi mark

if you keep checking groupon or kgb deals,they advertise short courses in the leeds area very cheap every now and then.i have just booked one in manchester full day for 39 pounds.

There's the Lencarta ones Garry runs in Bradford - its more to do with lighting rather than portraiture but might be worth considering (you get to look at a naked girl all day too ;) )

If interested, drop Garry a PM http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=6830

We're restarting our lighting workshops in Bradford, one per month until November.

Right now there are just two dates listed on the Lencarta website, both are portrait/fashion ones,we will be adding the artistic nude ones soon.

Back