Portrait of my wife on our wedding anniversary

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks,

C+C very welcome on this.

It was taken the weekend while we were away for a few days in Killybegs, County Donegal to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary. It was just taken in our room but we wanted to include the fishing boat in the background.

I just switched from Canon to Nikon in the last week so the weekend was first time I'd used the Nikon properly. This shot was taken at ISO-64, f/13, 1/60sec and 135mm with the D810 and Nikon 70-200 VR ll with a bounced Speedlite as the only light in the room was streaming through the windows behind Gillian. I did crop slightly in post and this was done with a mix of LR CC and also I'd just downloaded Affinity to try it although I didn't use it much. Will take me a while to get used to it.

Thanks

Stevie

No C+C from me today, lad. It's lovely shot of a lovely lady, who means so much to you. 'Nuff said.

Chuck

Just got a D810 the other day myself and im loving it.
But on to the picture.
As the others have said not a thing wrong with it however f13? Speedlight?
I would have went with f4 and auto iso, no Speedlight. In my opinion that is when you see Nikons perform.
I firmly believe you could have got a so much more creative picture.
Give it a blast in similar circumstances. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks for the comment @Bigfungun. The reason it was at f/13 was purely to try and keep the boat/ship recognisable in the background. For sure at f/2.8 or even stopped down a bit the background would have been butterly smooth.

Been having a lot of fun with the camera so expect loads more photographs from it. Still learning all the custom functions and getting them set up the way I like them! Have fun with your D810.

Stevie

Back