Portrait Studio Editing - With Pics, help please!

Name
Adele
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys...
Well firstly, Im hoping this is in the right bit, if not, i'm sure some mod'll move it! :)

Having the chance to shoot some images [of children] in a studio setting, I took my beloved eeyore, to practice on him. :LOL: Just to understand the studio set up the lighting and the post processing.

And this is the image fresh out of the camera
2105879127_ca97c95d3e.jpg

Here are some that I have had a play about with.
Basically I have got the images by adjusting the levels, and having a play about. But I'm unsure if I'm doing the editing right, by doing it this way.

Here are some shots that I have done like this.

2104610908_ae9f623f89.jpg

2103834331_8522a9b25d.jpg

2103834471_1bb9b31c45.jpg

2105878177_b08b550ba7.jpg

My main questions are.
Am I editing them right? If I'm not, is there a correct way to edit them and can someone point me in the right direction please!
Also shadows....how do you keep the right amount of shadow.
What is the right amount of shadow? Does this just depend on the type of image that you're going for? Or...personal preferance!

Oh this did lead to some more questions!

well imho

although there is little difference.
i like 1 +3 best if you manage to get a child that sharp. and the colours like that i am sure you will have a great time and the parents will love them ..

hth

md(y)

its the pping i was refering to dell

as yes to me they look ok the last one is imo a bit to bright but thats personal preference

(y)

im sure you will do fine..

md(y)

Well, they all look fine to me, but what I know about studio lighting can be written on a very small indeed piece of paper. But the light looks nicely balanced and there's a bit of shadow on the floor, so that it looks "real". I agree with above that the PP in the last one looks a tad over-saturated. But only a bit. Anyway, that easily fixed. Its a harder job if the light's not right to start with. And, it looks ok to me. I'd buy the pics (if I'd ever fathered an eeyore, that is).

MV

lol MV that made me chuckle.

The difference between 1 and 3 is the sharpness, and I had adjusted the sharpness in 3 more-so than in one.
As for the last one, just a play about. with the saturation, constrast, brightness and whatever else i decided to play about with. LOL

Back