Portrait tests (56k beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GfK

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
My brother is getting married in April and he's asked me to do the photos. I did a wedding last year and I was pretty disorganised about it so I want to be uber-prepared for this one!

They wanted to go somewhere nice for their photos as they're having a reg office 'do'. A friend of mine suggested Monk Bretton Priory, so we went down for a look and I took the camera to get a few test shots and generally have a play.

Anyway, here's a couple of the results - loved the candidness of both. Its obviously been a long while since I did any portrait stuff. They were pretty nervous about having their photos taken at first but as you can see, they soon got used to the idea. :)

Colour and B/W version:

monk1.jpg
monk1bw.jpg

My brother aint good with heights! Just to his left is an 8ft drop. She was trying to push him off (hence the blurry hand) - maybe she's trying to tell him something. ;) Completely lost what there was of a sky (was overcast, temp about 4C), but I like the pic anyway. Colour version didn't work for me though.
monk2bw.jpg

Great Pics GfK! Colour in first could do with adjustment but why bother when B&W looks stonking!
I bet they love them.

First B&W one is a great candid, nice and sharp with background blurred, but still identifiable.
The 2nd B&W is a good shot aswell - something in the moment, dont like the over exposed sky burning through the edges of the stonework but it still works very well.

I should try and get the shutter speed faster if I were you, as fast as it can go without affecting the quality.

Can you do fill flash with the Fuji?

Warspite said:
First B&W one is a great candid, nice and sharp with background blurred, but still identifiable.

Sharp? Where? That's blurred mate - camera shake.

Make sure they have a list of what "standard" pictures they want! A number of youngsters say they just want informal shots, but when it comes to albums - and all mothers want them thats when the "historical" shots are missing to match previous episodes of family history. Then you have to be bloddy minded with the principals to get them where you want them for those as well as the personal ones for the (we hope) happy couple.

He really has gone, hasn't he? Taken his links down and everything...

He really has gone, however the links are still in his post. He may well have removed the pictures from the hosts though.

As there is nothing else to discuss here I'll close the thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back