No
Sordid state of affairs:

AN elderly Pakistani reads an Urdu newspaper in Lahore

8390938199_336e96fa8b_c.jpg

Rugged & Ragged:

Lahore, Jan 2013

rugged_and_ragged____by_wheredreamsbleed-d5rrf0b.jpg

No turning back

A female visitor at Shah Sham's Shrine in Multan... He was Turkish Sufi Poet Rumi's master/teacher...

No_turning_back____by_wheredreamsbleed.jpg

Bamburiyet beauty...

Believed to be descendants of Alexander's Macedonian Generals who fell in love with the valley and married the local women...
Kalash Valley - April 2/ 2011

bamburiyet_beauty____by_wheredreamsbleed-d3gpbqj.jpg

Look into my eyes...

A devotee at the Sufi shrine of Hazrat Data Ganj Baksh, Lahore's (Pakistan) patron saint...

look_into_my_eyes____by_wheredreamsbleed-d38tphg.jpg

Kalashi Pirate...

One of the major attractions of the Chitral Valley in Pakistan is the Kalash valleys. The home of kafir Kalash or wearers of the black rose, a primitive pagan tribe. The world famous Kalash people live in the three valleys of Birir, Rumboor and Bumburate. The Kalash are ancient tribe and have a religion and culture of their own, their culture is unique as well as amazing one, from all over the world tourist come here to see their natural beauty and unique culture. Their ancestry is enveloped in mystery and it is the subject of controversy. A legend says that one General Salik shah, who was called by the Greek as General Selefuous with five soldiers of the legions of Alexander of MACEDON, settled in Chitral and are the progenitors of the Kafir Kalash. Kafir of Kalash live in the valley of Birir, Bumburate and Rumboor.

kalashi_pirate____by_wheredreamsbleed-d3dfvmp.jpg

A great set. Shame your watermark is visible on the faces in some of the photos. But still great images.

Great set and many thanks for the explanations, 1st and last for me, great character shots.

A great set. Shame your watermark is visible on the faces in some of the photos. But still great images.

Thanks
I admit the presence of the ugly watermark is upsetting, but we don't have very strong copyright laws in Pakistan, and its sad to see my photos in/on calendars, political posters, milk cartons and biscuits without any credit, with the watermark cloned/cropped out!

Great set and many thanks for the explanations, 1st and last for me, great character shots.

thanks Gramps! Have a lot of respect for you and your work, and your feedback and appreciation has made my day! (Until someone else comes along and wrecks it!! ) :D

Great set, thanks for including the write up....the second and last for me....

Thanks
I admit the presence of the ugly watermark is upsetting, but we don't have very strong copyright laws in Pakistan, and its sad to see my photos in/on calendars, political posters, milk cartons and biscuits without any credit, with the watermark cloned/cropped out!

Ah yes now I understand. That was my only crit can't fault them otherwise. Well done.

Superb images. I find that with images like these, the photographer often saturates them a little more than I would, but it seems to work very well. I see the same in the photos by a friend at my camera club with his pictures of people and places in Pakistan.

Lovely set of images, such character in the faces and places.

You ask for critique? I have only one very slight nitpick - the DoF in "Look into my eyes..." is just a tiny bit shallow for me...I don't mind an eye out of focus normally, but in the image entitled as this one is, it would work better with both in focus, maybe. But this is a TINY nitpick...I love all these very much. :)

Thanks for sharing. :)

Nice work Saad;) (y)

MD(y)

Great to see images from Pakistan that are different from what we usually see :) Your post processing results in vivid striking images. Very informative descriptions too. I would love to go to Gilgit and Kalash one day. I managed to get to Swat before things got militant which was a wonderful experience.
Amir

Great set of images. Really nice to have the explanations with them too (y)

sssheikh said:
Sordid state of affairs:

AN elderly Pakistani reads an Urdu newspaper in Lahore

Rugged & Ragged:

Lahore, Jan 2013

No turning back

A female visitor at Shah Sham's Shrine in Multan... He was Turkish Sufi Poet Rumi's master/teacher...

Bamburiyet beauty...

Believed to be descendants of Alexander's Macedonian Generals who fell in love with the valley and married the local women...
Kalash Valley - April 2/ 2011

Look into my eyes...

A devotee at the Sufi shrine of Hazrat Data Ganj Baksh, Lahore's (Pakistan) patron saint...

Kalashi Pirate...

One of the major attractions of the Chitral Valley in Pakistan is the Kalash valleys. The home of kafir Kalash or wearers of the black rose, a primitive pagan tribe. The world famous Kalash people live in the three valleys of Birir, Rumboor and Bumburate. The Kalash are ancient tribe and have a religion and culture of their own, their culture is unique as well as amazing one, from all over the world tourist come here to see their natural beauty and unique culture. Their ancestry is enveloped in mystery and it is the subject of controversy. A legend says that one General Salik shah, who was called by the Greek as General Selefuous with five soldiers of the legions of Alexander of MACEDON, settled in Chitral and are the progenitors of the Kafir Kalash. Kafir of Kalash live in the valley of Birir, Bumburate and Rumboor.

What are the ghost letters for in image four, behind her head?

these are fantastic images and they remind me that I should visit this forum a little more regularly.
my wife is iranian and when I've gone over to visit/travel there, I always feel a little self-conscious of trying to take photos of strangers (partly because I don't yet speak nearly enough farsi to be asking/explaining).

anyway, truly lovely photos and the Kalashi Pirate is perhaps my favourite, no turninig back and look into my eyes are exactly the types of photo ops I don't feel confident enough to try to get.

number 1 is my favourite.

One thing that always intrigues me about asia is the vibrance and the colours, as seen in number 3. looks like such a good place.

That first shot is stunning, they all are beautiful but that first one takes the biscuit for me!

Tremendous set of images. Absolutely first rate. The second one is definitely my favourite, but they are all very very impressive. It is a shame you have to use your watermark, but at least it is very subtle and doesn't overwhelm your work, becuase it really would be a shame for anything to spoil them. Inspiring to see such good images...Thank you for sharing them.

I'm not normally a great fan of B&W portraits - but I think #2 & the last one are the best of a very good set. Well done :)

Back