Portraits of Emma

-Rob-

Say Cheese!...Oh, and call me Susan
Edit My Images
No
I had my first crack at doing studio portraits a couple of weeks ago. Here's a couple of Emma for C&C.

index.php

index.php

what lens did you use for the 2nd? Its just her nose looks much larger than it really is (evident from the first photo)

Good job for your first time in a studio though!! Well done :)

The first shot looks really nice, the distortion in the second one unfortunately makes the lass look like Miss Piggy, which she obviously doesn't :shrug:

The first shot is very nice with a focal length of 70mm. (y)
The second is suffering rather at 34mm, and also doesn't look as sharp on my monitor. :shrug:

It depends at which end of its zoom.... as with any zoom that goes down below 50mm. To be honest I wouldn't dip below 50mm for a portrait, unless you wish to use the distortion creatively.

I asked because i suspected a wide angle, this effect is very typical of wide angled lenses just look at the effect you get at 10mm its much more pronounced but it gives you converging verticals and things look bent and much larger towards the middle of the image. As someone has said already don't go below 50mm for portraits as that is what is equal to how the human eye sees things anything below is distorted to fit in, and thats not flattering for anyone unless used in a creative manner.

Back