Portraits of my daughter

Name
Maureen
Edit My Images
Yes
My daughter asked me to do some portrait shots of her at the weekend. Not my strongest forte but something I plan to do more of this year. Would appreciate any advice and comments :)

3627813815_8e8e699ded_o.jpg

3627814027_6f1aee9909_o.jpg

3627813925_5088abb2fd_o.jpg

3627814123_9a3916f369_o.jpg

C&C welcome. TFL :)

#2 she looks very natural and I like the lighting. The black mark bottom right is a little distracting. #4 is lovely. #3 is nicely lit but the post looks a little awkward. #1 looks a little bit over exposed to me. What lighting did you use?

Very nice pictures. :)

I like #3 & just love #4 :)

#3 and especially #4 are great. Pity that her chin is so close to the edge of the shot though. Even a couple of millimetres would help I reckon.

Yep - love the shots - especially 4!

Guitar shot - how about getting your daughter to play and use DOF down the neck of the guitar?

I haven't a clue what I am on about (and will be posting some 'people' shots myself when I get a chance later this week), but here goes...

Such a shame we've got half an eye and half a chin on number #4. I also would have tried to get your daughter's arm (the one on the left of the frame) behind the little child. I think otherwise it's a cracker!

I think eye contact must be important, because the others aren't really doing so much for me.

Nice set Maureen and #2 and #4 stand out for me - both really natural portaits!

...and two good looking models too :D

No. 4 is a stonkingly good shot. Top, top class. Can not see how it could be improved.

Back