Yes
New to these forums
Finally got into a studio for fashion and portrait shots. Here are a few
What do you think any good...

Portrait_Hi-Key.jpg

BW_Portrait.jpg

B_W_Portrait.jpg

Last edited:
They look nice at the moment, but it's impossible to tell when they're so small!

I prefer #1, the colour works better for me than the B&W. I would have preferred all of the top of her head, in order to push the eyes down bit towards a third. I am anti frame/ border (bit of a dodo), my theory being if the image is strong enough then it does not need any support. Great set and welcome.

I think you've just missed the focus on the eyes of #1, and it's a bit too over exposed for my personal liking.

#2 has great impact for B&W, which is how I like to see them, the pose is good, but for me, the border spoils it.

#3 would be a stonker if it wasn't quite so over cooked. I think it's a bit too far on the contrast.

All 3 are good for a first time studio shoot though. Well done.

Steve

Number three is the best for me, the border in the second is awful and really not necessary :)

Without the border 2 is the pick of the bunch for me then 3.

Not sure about no.1 the lighting seems to have washed her skin out and looks almost blown on this monitor.

Hope this helps and look forward to seeing more of you work.

p.s. Hello and welcome to TP :wave:

number 2 without frame and number 3! real nice, i do really like the eye colour in the first picture though.
good work!

No. 1 for me or maybe it's just the eyes that jump out, I am certainly draw to tehm when I look at it.
No. 2 looks seductive without the frame
No. 3 I like this sort of photo - works for me

I don't get the chance to do stuff like this, the missus would probably cut of my bits with a rusty knife(against the Geneva Convention - the rust bit)

One thing I like about this forum is the diversity of talent within the members on here.

Just don't want to take a piccy of the wife or it would be curtains for me :D

Nev

Thanks for all the thoughts and comments taken them on board. Shot no.1 is intentionally a high key image hopefully keeping detail in the eyes and lips, Maybe i have taken it a bit too far though.. Or is this just personal preference. More comments the better...

I did some shots like this recently for a make up artist entering a compotition, close up portrates and i think they work well and give a sexy look to the pics good work here as well :D Very nice

Back