Portrush Airshow 2010

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
First airshow guys and my god it was tough, I tried to use all the info I had leraned on here but was still pretty disappointed with most of the shots. I rained, then bright with clouds, then storm clouds then a misty haze :bang:.

A C&C welcome how could I have done better or at times does the weather just win?

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4239.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

IMG_4502.jpg

IMG_4540.jpg

IMG_4756.jpg

Much respect to all you airshow and sports togs, was the first time using a 100-400mm L and could have done with renting it earlier than the day bofore.

Some excellent shots, fantastic considering the weather.

Way better than anything I got :(

Brilliant set of pics here, these are 1st class, I wish Id gone back on Sunday!

3 and 4 are fantastic!! everyone is using atleast 400mm...tsk tsk tsk...need to grab one from somewhere ;)

Ian I was on the cliffs on the west side of the bay (near the flight line) where were you?

Your no2 and 3 are stand outs for me

Cheers guys thanks for the comments, after seeign them in the morning I feel better about them..... there were quite a few which were terrible though.. I wont be posting them. To be honest, maybe its just Portrush, but I think I could have done with 500-600mm I think I will be taking a teleconvertor next time.

Victor,

I was down at the beach for some, then at the harbour area then on the roof of the fishign shop. I did go up to the cliff for a minute or two but the other half wasn't keen on the height so had to make a quick exit, soo wish there had of been some more blue sky would have made exposing A LOT easier!

Hi Ian - great set of pictures. The weather was pretty ropey and the light was poor. I have put some on another thread and with 600mm reach I was using ISO1000 for the jets. Were you at 400mm most of the time?
Went to Portstewart for a picnic after the show and noticed at about 7-7.15 pm the typhoon doing a display over Portrush - long after everyone had gone home. What was the point in that? Were you still there? Pity only one show a year. merv:clap::clap:

Wish i didnt forget about the airshow :(

Could have went and got some lovely photographs :)

Well done and some excellent shots above :)

Cheers mate, I go look at yours now.

Yeah 350 - 400 and could have done with more, they dont come in very close and the weather was awful. The Typhoon was late and people got fed up i think, nobod could hear a bloody word of what the guy was saying over the speakers. Id love there to be 2 really enjoyed the day out.

Great Set. Bloomin good shots for 1st attempt.

LOVE the ME108 and the arrows, Awesome!!!!

Great Set. Bloomin good shots for 1st attempt.

LOVE the ME108 and the arrows, Awesome!!!!

Cheers Andy, yeah first timer. Its something I really want to do again, Really exciting and challenging I am more used to landscapes and people. Definitely want to go over to a bigger show in England would be great.

There corkers, you are being hard on yourself I think.

I was looking forward to seeing the pics and they don't disappoint.

I would be chuffed to bits with those, well done.:clap:

Paul

ps....hmmmm do I go 100-400 rather than 70-200 and then convertor...problems , problems:thinking:

Hi Paul - from what I see the 100-400 does a good job. The trouble with converters, especially the 2X is that the image degrades. I invested in the new Nikon 2TCIII which is aspherical and is supposed to not degrade the image and I must say with my 300mm prime it worked fantastically well. merv:clap:

Back