Possible buy??????

Name
Dafydd
Edit My Images
No
I am looking at spending around £500 on a DSLR, and was wondering what would be the best package for my money?

I have looked at the samsung gx 10, that comes with 2 lenses and the usual stuff for £499?

Anyone got one or used one?

But i also fancy the Sony alpha 350, but the twin lens kit is £650!!!!!

What would be my best bet>?:thinking:

If you up'd your budget a little you could get a CANON EOS-400D 18-55 + 55-200 +BG-E3 for about £579 and canon currently have £45 cash back. Very good starter camera. Cant speak for the others as no experience with them.

Welcome (y)

First step - go to Jessops and try all of the entry-level models from Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax et al, to see which you feel most comfortable with.

Then, consider that choosing Canon and Nikon will offer longer and broader future upgrade paths due to the availability of theirs and third party lenses.

Next, check on CPB to see what you can get for your money. If you would consider second hand, look in the classifieds here. As it's your first DSLR, and you haven't said anything about your experience level, my advice would be to stick with a kit lens only at this early stage, until you've got a better feel for what you like to take pictures of. Then you can decide on what other glass to add.

Finally, make your purchase and post your shots up on TP (y)

Mark

The Samsung is a good camera, it's the same as a Pentax K10 and uses the Pentax K mount. Remember that you'll need to buy memory, extra battery, bag etc to go with it..

Welcome (y)

First step - go to Jessops and try all of the entry-level models from Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax et al, to see which you feel most comfortable with.

Then, consider that choosing Canon and Nikon will offer longer and broader future upgrade paths due to the availability of theirs and third party lenses.

Next, check on CPB to see what you can get for your money. If you would consider second hand, look in the classifieds here. As it's your first DSLR, and you haven't said anything about your experience level, my advice would be to stick with a kit lens only at this early stage, until you've got a better feel for what you like to take pictures of. Then you can decide on what other glass to add.

Mark

:agree: very sensible advice

and also consider anyone you know with a dslr, as you might be able to borrow there equipment if you buy the same brand

Totally agree with Marky - good advice!

The only thing I'd take issue with in Marky advice is the 'broader upgrade path' No lens range is as big or as varied as the K mount and I reckon Pentax/Samsung are going to storm ahead with their camera range in future years, Pentax experience and Samsungs cash and manufacturing base = a good combination.

I firstly bought the Sony A100 two lens kit,was happy with the results,have now bought the A350 and I am really happy with the results for the money.Nice camera with live view etc.

The only thing I'd take issue with in Marky advice is the 'broader upgrade path' No lens range is as big or as varied as the K mount and I reckon Pentax/Samsung are going to storm ahead with their camera range in future years, Pentax experience and Samsungs cash and manufacturing base = a good combination.

(y) - good point.

Welcome (y)

Mark

See... Jess*ps do come in handy for some things... :)

Back