Post A Triptych.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Three combined shots of any single bird species. Make sure you keep 'em 800 pixels high or wide max, or we'll all be in trouble. :puke:

3871617825_4fcc9d56ec_o.jpg

How do you do a triptych............:bonk:

Open a new blank image bigger than you need - say 1000 pixels wide by about 3000 pixels high.

Resize your 3 pics to 800 pixels wide and cut and paste them into the new empty file one at a time as new layers.

Drag 'em flip 'em and arrange 'em how you like. When you're happy with the arrangement, flatten the layers and crop tight around your 3 images. Add a frame if you like. Don't forget to sharpen.

Resize to 800 pixels and post it up. (y)

These look great suitably framed btw. ;)

I`ll have a bash.....(y)

Thanks Cowasaki.....:)

Triptych.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my effort Cedric :)

Tryptich2-1.jpg

Last edited:
sounds to comlicated to me:(:(dunno if I can do it

Have you got photoshop?

If so,Cowasaki made a script up that does it for you,easy,well it must be cos I managed it..........:LOL:

Have you got photoshop?

If so,Cowasaki made a script up that does it for you,easy,well it must be cos I managed it..........:LOL:
Linky Linky please :LOL::LOL:

I'm using PSP Kaz - you can do it just as I explained above - it's a doddle.

Here's another...

3874501928_aeb29753da_o.jpg

Try to keep the three poses different, so that overall you get some idea of the nature of the bird. If you can keep the bgs similar it helps the overall appearance, especially if you want to frame it.

Well if all your pics are 800 pixels, just open a huge empty file big enough to take the 3 pics, and cut and paste your pics into it at 800 pixels. Arrange them how you want, then flatten the image and crop tight around your 3 pics getting rid of the excess space. Then resize the whole image to 800 pixels on the longest side.

Last edited:
Great idea - really impressed with the results but is there a way of doing this with Elements 6 on my Macbook?

These are pretty basic functions you need to do this which should be available in even basic packages. I'd think you'd be able to do it easily in Elements although I don't use it.

I think you've cracked it Kaz - your image is 800 pixels and looks the same as everyone else's who've gone for the horizontal format.

Try the upright format and your images should be a lot wider.

I think you've cracked it Kaz - your image is 800 pixels and looks the same as everyone else's who've gone for the horizontal format.

Try the upright format and your images should be a lot wider.

I will tell you something it has got my brain working today at least on this boring horrible bank hol but if I do upright will they still be small some like the robins are bigger and wider and yours are a lot bigger so just wondered if there is a way of making them bigger

LOL. You're images should be bigger Kaz if you arrange them vertically - give it a go. :D

Here you go my effort, taken on the Isle of May, Scotland.

BirdTrip.jpg

I am getting carried away now thought this might work

Image12.jpg

Thats a good one Kaz (y) Maybe a touch more space between the head and tail of #1 and #2 about the same asbetween #2 and #3 and that will set it off nicely.

I like the Kingfisher ones Kaz. Here is an attempt, a bit all the same but I like how he flipped the fish around.

IMG_7417cm-2.jpg

thats a nice one Liam

Rich I know what you mean about the kingfishers diving the first one needs a tad more space at bottom but hadn t got any would have to look into that adding canvas thingy if it was a serious attempt and well thats another story probably take me a week to sort that one out

Some really nice ones being posted! :clap:

Kaz you'll get the widest result if your original shots are cropped roughly 3:2 in horizontal format and then the three shots arranged vertically. You've got it pretty well sorted though.

I've never done one of these before either so fingers crossed, here's mine:

Good stuff,keep `em coming...(y)

I've posted this one before (I think it was for a POTY round) but I wanted to join in!

Triptych-Flight.jpg

Everyone elses are great :clap:

Great idea - really impressed with the results but is there a way of doing this with Elements 6 on my Macbook?

The script works on PSE6 so you can download it and give it a try. There is a link in my signature to the scripts and there is a new addition to the scripts in the last few days that allows you to create a single page containing multiple copies of the same photo for printing (you know like they use to sell photos at schools OR they use for passports where you get maybe 4 passport pictures and a larger one).

Some great tryptichs here.

Back