Post pro this image for me...

Edit My Images
Yes
I have a client who wants me to selectively colour a series of 5 images, this being midway through the set, I am not happy with the way it looks and am looking for alternatives to offer them.

Anyone help out here??? Have tried a bit of desaturation in Lightroom, which looks better, but just want something else to offer them when she comes to see the proofs.

2631660408_2600ef4759_o.jpg

Cheers in advance.

The images (5 of them) will sit in one frame, a series of the boys jumping, she want the tee shirts only to be in colour, I have tried it but think it just doesn't look right. Was kinda wondering if anyone had any other ideas...

We often have to do things our clients want and that we personally dislike.

Our job is to advise the client that we feel he is incorrect and offer alternatives, however as he pays the bill he gets what he wants if he is certain.

We may well note it on the invoice however to stop any comeback ehen the client realises they were wrong.

Actually wingnut there's lots you could do. First select all except shirts. Then try any or all of the following:

desat
blur
tone
find coloured edges
mono + find edges
motion blur > zoom
duplicate layer and try all blend modes
perm any of the above

in fact work your way thro ALL PS filters. You may not like any of it exactly but I bet it gets your creative juices working.

And at the end of the day your client will probably go with her own idea!

The framed images are being delivered to the client this morning, so all is good.
I did several different versions of the images, b&w, split toned, selective colouring etc etc, about 10 different versions in all, presented them to the client and she left the final choice up to me. But she did agree that selective colouring and split toning did not work, so back to PS again I went and did simple b&w conversions, she had pre ordered black frames with super white mounts, a 5 aperture one, a 3 aperture one and a single image frame, all the same colour frames and mounts. So i did all the images in black and white to keep continuity through out the series. She came by yesterday to see the prints and was nearly in tears. Of joy that is....

care to share the final result?

Back