Post process opinions please

lee

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I've had a play with this trying to get a white background, and gone a little highkey in the process. I would be grateful of your opinions and wheter there is anything else I have missed or could have done to improve.

Thanks for looking:

RB_01.jpg

RB_03.jpg

Hi Lee

Hope you don't mind, but I see you have the edit tick checked so I had a go for you. Shout if you want me to remove it... I made a few errors but if you like it I can have a better go for you.

Enjoy!

lee_baby_edit.jpg

Or try B&W - from musicmans edit

trybw.jpg

Lee what you're trying to do here is one of the most difficult editing jobs you can undertake. It's made difficult by all those stray hairs and the fact that the bg colour is constantly changing just where you want to preserve them.

It's definitely do-able, but the editing needs to be done on the full size image preferably in 16 bit and it will still be an extremely tedious job to do it properly. When the image is reduced to web size as here, and is down to 8 bit it's already too pixelated to retain those hairs convincingly.

To make it as easy as possible and to retain at least some of the stray hairs, and to avoid that 'cut out' look, pick a background colour that is already there around where you want to preserve some hair, which is basically what I've done here.

RB_01-new.jpg

There's no real substitute for taking the shot against a white bg if that's the effect you want and preferably making sure it's evenly lit. Saves a lot of time and frustration in editing.

:clap::clap: classic ps work there CT, excellent edit. Puts mine to shame:bonk:

Not at all MM good effort as indeed they all are. I'm just a sad git who's been doing this stuff for yonks, and I'm still learning new stuff all the time. :shrug:

Thanks for taking the time to look at and edit my photo guys much appreciated...CT your right of course about using a white background to start with, was kinda playing about at the time but liked this shot and wondered if I could sort the background out in PS. As you say do able but better and and easier if you can set it up correctly before hand.

Back