Post your P&S photos

Since I haven't bought myself a DSLR (yet), I might as well join in here for now. (y)

All taken with a beaten up Casio EX-Z7.

3027219540_31a76d554d.jpg

2676970660_4304f71e45.jpg

2255929484_023d5d2df1.jpg

I hate you so much right now :shake:

Only joking mate, I sold my S2000 a couple of months ago and I have regretted it ever since :crying:

Taken with my old compact Pentax 75 who is no longer with me :( :whistle:

IMGP4142.jpg

IMGP4128.jpg

IMGP4114.jpg

Love the misty wood one Throttle...
Cheers :) and i wondered myself what was going on with thread on page 2 when a sudden appearance of more new photos went missing and a big convo appeared instead :LOL:
Well photos are taking over again now so lets leave it at that i suppose :D

There are some amazing pics popping up on here... i'm not gonna tell my Nikon... she might get upset :whistle:

From my old Sony DSC V3

Manchesters Urbis in 'negative'
878768397_74dc99cca1.jpg

Manchester Eye - again with the DSC-V3. The sky really was that colour!
878403875_070e8f0f51.jpg

Manchester Eye Again - DSC-V3 again!
878643113_b122204bd0.jpg

Last edited:
Some really great images showing up on here... (y) ...

Really liking your first two perspective shots John... ;)

I agree, some corkers, great thread...

thanks very much Ven (y)

Ive cleaned the internet misunderstandings now everyone is hugging and getting along. :)

Lets see more piccies! I might get my ixus out in a bit and take something specifically for this :)

They're all simply amazing images Chills... (y)

I know nothing about the G7 but is IR & neg stuff something you do 'in camera' or are they post processing tricks... :shrug:

Really liking each of your posted images much... :D

:p

Thanks (y)

The IR were pretty much straight OOC, and obtained with a R72 filter on the front.

The Negative image was just a straight boring image that was inverted in PSP9 using the negative image option.

The Rain Deck just taken with my Green D-Lux 4... :D

Inspired by Marcel's threat to get his little Ixus out... :naughty:

Not the best day to get out and shoot stuff... :nono: ...or is it... :cautious:

Even got my hand wet taking this... :eek:

RainDeck.jpg

BTB... thanx Chills... (y) ... explained nicely for this dummy... ;)

A few of my P&S photos all took with Canon G9 apart from last which was Panasonic TZ5

3582642243_2eaae267cf.jpg

Took handheld ;)
3567296423_1bdb3ccecd.jpg

3542965939_e0c138eb82.jpg

3542845557_d164bc524b.jpg

3075845856_e2685a0bb7.jpg

Throttle, your third image almost made me physically sick!!! Why would you want to stand on a piece of glass with a drop like that?!:puke:

I hate you so much right now :shake:

Only joking mate, I sold my S2000 a couple of months ago and I have regretted it ever since :crying:

I'm loving your second image James! It's great, the way the road meanders off into the distance - your eye just wants to follow it. Great light too.

Oops, sorry! The credit should have gone to GrittyShaker. Great picture.

Last edited:
Throttle, your third image almost made me physically sick!!! Why would you want to stand on a piece of glass with a drop like that?!:puke:
lol its solid for upto 2 ton or 6 baby elephants it says aswell which i thought was rather odd guide :thinking: anyhow even though im not as toned as i used to be i thought id be safe for the weight on it though it is rather dodgy feeling stood on it even though im ok with heights :cautious:

Last edited:
Here my contribution.
3987045654_0b967a7735.jpg

Seen them and thought ......SWEET!

Forgot to say that i took it with my Canon G9.

Last edited:
Oops, sorry! The credit should have gone to GrittyShaker. Great picture.

(y) Thanks. I was very lucky with the timing for the sun to be in the right position. It helped that the road was still wet too, to give it that reflection.

I've still got a lot to learn, but it's nice to receive some positive comments. :D

(y) Thanks. I was very lucky with the timing for the sun to be in the right position. It helped that the road was still wet too, to give it that reflection.

I've still got a lot to learn, but it's nice to receive some positive comments. :D

I don't know about you having a lot to learn, as I obviously don't know what stage you're at, but you certainly seem to have a good eye for a picture - and that is a HUGE part of being a good photographer.

I'm just getting into it quite seriously, and am trying to cram my head with all the theory of it all, and I have a lovely new Nikon D300 courtesy of my lovely husband, and whilst I can frame a shot, and occasionally am lucky enough to get a half decent "snap", I've yet to develop the knack of seeing a corker in everyday situations - something I hope will come with time. You seem to have it.

All taken with my first digital camera, a Pentax Optio S4

My friend's wife taking a swimming lesson:

A combination of night mode and shaky hands give this interpretation of the Eiffel Tower:

Taken through a plane window:

Couple more here

And thus began my search for better camera equipment that would allow me to take faster, wider, and (still hoping) better pictures!

I don't know about you having a lot to learn, as I obviously don't know what stage you're at, but you certainly seem to have a good eye for a picture - and that is a HUGE part of being a good photographer.

I'm just getting into it quite seriously, and am trying to cram my head with all the theory of it all, and I have a lovely new Nikon D300 courtesy of my lovely husband, and whilst I can frame a shot, and occasionally am lucky enough to get a half decent "snap", I've yet to develop the knack of seeing a corker in everyday situations - something I hope will come with time. You seem to have it.
Actually one of the reasons for me joining up here is because a couple of people on another forum have mentioned me having an "eye for a picture", so it's good to hear the sentiment echoed here.

I've always liked taking photos, but never took it further than the P&S level. I suppose the main thing I need to learn is how to use a DSLR when I eventually get one! I'm doing the same cramming thing as you now, so hopefully I'll be ready to put it in to practice once I get my hands on the right camera.

Actually one of the reasons for me joining up here is because a couple of people on another forum have mentioned me having an "eye for a picture", so it's good to hear the sentiment echoed here.

I've always liked taking photos, but never took it further than the P&S level. I suppose the main thing I need to learn is how to use a DSLR when I eventually get one! I'm doing the same cramming thing as you now, so hopefully I'll be ready to put it in to practice once I get my hands on the right camera.

One thing I'll say, is that if you can, get the best camera you can afford. Sounds obvious I know. I had a Nikon D40X to start with, but for some reason I couldn't get on with it. It was an entry level DSLR and very small compared to most. A lot of the functions you'd want to mess with, were buried deep within menu systems, rather than being readily available on the camera. Hubby would want to go out to take photographs, but I wouldn't want to go. However, he recently bought me a Nikon D300 as an early Christmas present, and gave me a couple of decent lenses for it too, and I absolutely LOVE it!!! I'm now nagging him for us to go out to take pictures. It's much bigger and heavier so feels more substantial in the hand, rather than like a "toy" (just my personal opinion about the D40X - please nobody be offended if you own one). The D300 also has major functions readily available as buttons on the camera body. The ISO capabilities and image quality of the D300 compared to the D40X are also in a different league. You get the picture - it's a better camera all round. Obviously there are other cameras between those two, but they're the two I have experience with.

Yes, the lower level models will do what you want, in the right hands. A chap called IanM at the convention has a D40X, and he was getting some great pictures with his and maybe you would too. But I didn't get on with it. Most people on the forum seem to fall into two camps when it comes to DSLR's, Nikon or Canon (sorry for swearing ;)) - we obviously like the Nikon range. I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice re camera choice when you're ready to buy. I reckon as you're that good with a P&S, you'll be a dab hand with a good DSLR!

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. (y) I've not used a Nikon before, but had the chance to shoot a motorsport event using a friends Canon 1D, albeit only briefly, and under supervision. Sadly there's no chance of me having the budget for that in the near future.

Once I've got the funds available I'll start trying different cameras. It will only frustrate me if I play with the toys before I can afford to buy one!

I should probably post an introduction thread rather than taking over this one, really. :D

That's a superb 'out-of-the-plane-window' image Warty... (y)

:cautious: ...Although you might need to resize to fit the rules... :rules: ...800px on the longest side... :shrug:

That's a superb 'out-of-the-plane-window' image Warty... (y)

:cautious: ...Although you might need to resize to fit the rules... :rules: ...800px on the longest side... :shrug:

Cheers

I thought panoramics could be 1024 at longest edge....That's the setting they were taken on :shrug:

Showing up as 1488px on my screen, so still just a tad wide :)

Excellent photos though (y)

Thanks for the advice. (y) I've not used a Nikon before, but had the chance to shoot a motorsport event using a friends Canon 1D, albeit only briefly, and under supervision. Sadly there's no chance of me having the budget for that in the near future.

Once I've got the funds available I'll start trying different cameras. It will only frustrate me if I play with the toys before I can afford to buy one!

I should probably post an introduction thread rather than taking over this one, really. :D

Whatever you end up with, enjoy your hunt. You'll like the Nikons ;):naughty: Just kidding, it's whatever suits you best.

:shake: ...it's 800px longest for any image type... ;)

I think the message at the top of the page might be misleading:

A little reminder about image sizes

We would like to remind everyone, when you are posting images, that the maximum size permitted is 800pixels along the longest edge (unless it is a multi-shot panoramic, which are 1024 longest edge).

I can't get em to resize....Bucket says theyre 800 now but they're still showing huge.....Sorry about this...Please make them a clicky again. :(

Last edited:
Back