Post your photos from your low-fi camera

Ilford_FP4_125_2010-03-04_012_800px by The Big Yin, on Flickr

My favourite Tree... fourth frame of film I ever shot through Helga the Holga. The Tree ? Yep, it's a big old tree, on the edge of the local Village Common, and, I pretty much make a point of going there and taking a photo of it with every new camera i've bought. So, when I go through my Flickr account, there's tree, after tree, after tree round about 2010-2013...

Barlow Common by The Big Yin, on Flickr

I always fancied doing a really high-res scan of this one, and getting it printed on a vinyl wrap and applying it to the inside of my Spare Room studio/office door....

Altofts Canal by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Altofts Canal by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Another Couple from that spectacularly vignetted cross processed roll of Provia 100F I burned down by the Canal...

I like your Big tree , I spend a lot of my time in the countryside and in a lot of the places I go there stands a lone tree just asking to be photographed ! Your last one reminds me of a photo my grandson took through a smartie tube which turned out really well.

Last edited:
as I said earlier, you don't realise how much the Holga Vignettes (or at least mine does, as always with holgas, other peoples experience is highly likely to vary) until you shoot something with a tiny exposure latitude like slide film cross processed... I'm actually amazed that anything came out on that roll if I'm honest...

Low-fi camera? For those of you who know Portsmouth guildhall...this was taken about 1954 hadn't been rebuilt yet are being bombed.
I've had quite a few crappy cameras and can't remember which one I used at the time anyway can't find the neg to see how good it was, so scanned the small photo.
eqa61aR.jpg

Low-fi camera? For those of you who know Portsmouth guildhall...this was taken about 1954 hadn't been rebuilt yet are being bombed.
I've had quite a few crappy cameras and can't remember which one I used at the time anyway can't find the neg to see how good it was, so scanned the small photo.
eqa61aR.jpg
Is this the building which is fashioned on Bolton Town Hall, or vice versa of course?

Is this the building which is fashioned on Bolton Town Hall, or vice versa of course?

Well if a copy it looks like Bolton wins as it was built in 1866 -1873 and Portsmouth one was completed in 1890

My father and I cycled from London to Lydd airport, flew to Le touquet then cycled to Cherboug via Paris and flew back and cycled back to London in 1952.... Normandy was still in a bit of a state with some farm houses with shell holes and remember trying to dig a bullet out of a post box, but what's odd is I can't remember places like Caen as we must have gone through it.
I took this from the top of the Arch de triomphe I think as I also took a crappy shot from the Eifel tower.
lSyrZGO.jpg

Last edited:
I like the idea of a thread to show low-fi images or images from old cams...

Here's a few from my recently acquired 1951 Baldinette folding 35mm (maybe not as "low-fi" as others here).
The scale focus takes some effort, I've found, along with the procedure to get a suitable exposure, maybe sunny 16 will work for me.
Its Radionar 50mm 2.9 lens can produce quite nice images if the focus is nailed, but at or near full aperture, the images become softer, as here.
All on Fomapan 100 in Rodinal. (Epson 4180 scanner)

Group of headstones.
multipleheadstones1.jpg

Through the window....
insidewindow.jpg

Masthead.

masthead.jpg

Back