1. BADGER.BRAD

BADGER.BRAD

Name:
    BRAD
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've been using TP for about a year now and have realized there are a number of people who enjoy using Low-fi Film cameras and attempting to get the best from them within their limitations. As I had inherited a number of these type of cameras myself and now understand them a little better than I did at first I thought it would be nice to see others photos from such cameras. There are extra virtual points for gaffer tape, hacks, bodges, home built and modified cameras but no standard SLR or range finder shots. please state your camera and include any photos should it be modified or homebuilt.

I'll start off with this photo taken on a Panasonic c-420 af point and press Using Kodak Colourplus 200. just as I first started, I expected it to be really naff so didn't use it for shots of anything I thought to be important but just as this train in Whitby decided to move I ran out of film on my SLR so literally climbed the fence pointed and pressed, I was pleasantly surprised by the result
    although I hadn't a clue really how to use it ( I've now read the manual) , ! It seems great at relatively close up shots but has a very narrow depth of field blurring the back ground and struggles with anything other than good light unless its really close and you can use the flash. I do love the look of the photos this camera produces but I'm not sure quite why ?

train.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
  3. Kevin Allan

Kevin Allan

Name:
    Kevin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    This is from the Lomo Fisheye II - which has just one shutter speed and one aperture:

2017-03 Lomo Fisheye 2, Agfa Vista 200, NESLAM,  008.jpg

I've also used Kodak waterproof disposable cameras for pictures of my kids at water parks or the beach, and they work surprisingly well.

4. skysh4rk

skysh4rk

Name:
    RJ
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Holga 120 GTLR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ste_S, ariel7515, Kevin Allan and 6 others like this.
  5. BADGER.BRAD

BADGER.BRAD

Name:
    BRAD
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Dudley canal ,near entrance to under ground canal network 1970's Cosmic 35m By the Russian Lomo company. Kodak Colourplus 200 using sunny 16 rule. Camera rubbed the film near the top (now hopefully smoothed out ) so photo was cropped. f11 1/60th ( cloudy symbol on camera) and 200ASA Kodak colour plus

COSMIC.JPG

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  6. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    A couple from a 1924 Kodak Brownie No2 Model F box camera. First on Kodak Ektachrome 100, second on Fuji Neopan Acros 100.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Woodsy

Woodsy POTY Winner 2009

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Retune, ariel7515, stevelmx5 and 7 others like this.
  8. Downton Mini

Downton Mini

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thought I reconsidered that nice to see some local sights.

Great thread need to get ou with some of my cheap film cameras.

9. BADGER.BRAD

BADGER.BRAD

Name:
    BRAD
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    The B&W photo is stunning really sharp for such an old camera well done Mr Badger (us in the Badger family must stick together)

Mr Badger likes this.
  10. Mr Badger

Mr Badger

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks. Badgers of the world unite! :D As you say, it's not too bad a looking result from a 94 year-old camera that has a mass-produced meniscus lens, but if you look closely the edges and corners are fairly soft; so it goes to show that good lighting and contrast can hide a multitude of sins! (y)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  11. medwaygreen

medwaygreen

Name:
    Richard
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Taken with a Fuji disposable camera about three/four years ago in London.

[​IMG]

12. BADGER.BRAD

BADGER.BRAD

Name:
    BRAD
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    An interesting video on basic cameras/ photography

13. BADGER.BRAD

BADGER.BRAD

Name:
    BRAD
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    First try with my Praktica Regal point and press not the best results ! There was a light leak from the end of the door which fits really badly and one from the bottom right of the door. I'm trying again with all the door seams taped up and some Kodak colourplus 200. This one although I had to crop the light leaks out appeals to me. Mrs Badger over looking Whitby piers.Again short depth of field with this camera as has my other similar camera the Panasonic c 420 af

BENCH10.jpg
    regal1.jpg regal 2.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    ariel7515, Mr Badger and Andysnap like this.
  14. ariel7515

ariel7515

Name:
    Ariel
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    [​IMG]

From the following disposable camera:

[​IMG]

15. BADGER.BRAD

BADGER.BRAD

Name:
    BRAD
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    1931 Kodak Box Brownie no2 Ilford FP4 125 ASA

DIM.JPG

ariel7515, Andysnap and Mr Badger like this.
  16. BADGER.BRAD

BADGER.BRAD

Name:
    BRAD
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Mr Badger likes this.
  17. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That's worked well!

I always find if I get to 38 on a film, I really start to get nervous! ;-)

18. Retune

Retune

Edit My Images:
    No
    The Aiguille du Midi must have some of the most spectacular views in Europe! I like the lo-fi effect even more in your second disposable shot, which looks like something by Turner.

Woodsy likes this.
  19. Woodsy

Woodsy POTY Winner 2009

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    It really is a fantastic place isn't it. I was very lucky to have been there though, in the sense that most forum challenges do not warrant a trip to the Alps! (I just happened to be there on a conference)

20. BADGER.BRAD

BADGER.BRAD

Name:
    BRAD
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    O.k some shots from the super dooooopa 99 pence mirror less battery less hopeless setttings free less focus free Akita TT018 I did have to press the button though, apart from on a couple of the shots where someone else pressed the button ! All shots taken in true point and shoot don't worry about any settings ( I couldn't do anything about it if I had !) fashion using £2 a roll Kodak colour plus 200. Processed by Photo Express Hull.

Me of grandson using small flash on hot shoe
    1.jpg

Grandson of me using small flash on hotshoe, I think he really has shown my good looks !
    2.jpg

Me of Mrs Badger at Whitby on our arrival to the Goth festival weekend Dull over cast
    3.jpg

Mrs Badger of me Me at Whitby on our arrival to the Goth festival weekend, dull over cast
    4.jpg

Whitby Abbey fairly bright light.
    5.jpg

Here are the rest.https://www.flickr.com/photos/28690387@N04/albums/72157690633091720

Last edited: May 5, 2018