Post your Workflow!

Shoot RAW. Copy one set of untouched files to a DVD for storage. Second copy goes to HD and tweaked in DPP then batch process to TIF and JPG. Processed RAW, TIF and JPG go as copies onto another DVD. All files are named with the event and date.

Now to buck the trend !!

Being new to the world of DSLR I started saving in jpeg format in DPP. I decided to change to RAW, but when I converted to TIFF & saw the size of files decided to go back to jpegs ( at least for the time being )

I use DPP to date all photos & will transfer to external HDD when internal drive starts to groan.

Unlke you guys, I can't afford £*00 on Lightroom & CS2/3 to tinker with RAW files, I make do with PSP8 & Elements 2 -which I will upgrade, when funds permit ( lens first - S/W second ) :bonk:

More or less they way I do it

Shoot in RAW
Load in to zoombrowser or DPP
File by year, month, shoot.

I have just started to use lightroom, but only really for keywording and adding meta data.

I doubt that I am doing it the most efficient or professional way, but I also don't belive there is a right or wrong way. Just the way that suits you.

I shoot in RAW, open up all the files in 'Digital Photo Professional', have a look through to see which i like, which i don't etc. Once i'm happy and i've made any decisions on deleting the photo's i don't like, or haven't worked, i select all the ones i've kept and batch process convert them into quality 10 JPEG's.

Once they're converted, I decide which RAW files i want to keep for future HDR'ing or whatever, and delete the rest.

Back