The place was full of Americans!!
TP_Postcard_1.jpg

TP_Postcard_2.jpg

TP_Postcard_3.jpg

TP_Postcard_4a.jpg

TP_Postcard_5.jpg

Last edited:
The famous Bridge of Sighs

all the above and this taken with the Leica Q = 28mm - some cropped a little around the edges

TP_B_O_S_2.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice images - definitely postcard style but great composition and quality. I guess you'd expect that from the Leica, but the photographer makes a huge difference, so well done.

Very nice images - definitely postcard style but great composition and quality. I guess you'd expect that from the Leica, but the photographer makes a huge difference, so well done.
Many thanks Lindsay, much appreciated

Here's another taken with the marvellous Leica Q, Typ 116 - 24mp sensor

Looking across at the island of Giudecca from St Mark's Square

TP_looking_across.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely images Bill, but the main island you are looking across to is San Giorgio di Maggiore, there's a little of Giudecca on the right hand side,

I've got plenty of images from the same viewpoint, and the one island I have not been on is Giudecca. That's for November....

Back to image quality, the light is fantastic and the pictures brings Venice to life,

Lovely images Bill, but the main island you are looking across to is San Giorgio di Maggiore, there's a little of Giudecca on the right hand side,

I've got plenty of images from the same viewpoint, and the one island I have not been on is Giudecca. That's for November....

Back to image quality, the light is fantastic and the pictures brings Venice to life,
Thanks Peter - obviously you are correct - with my wife looking over my shoulder "I told you that was San Giorgio di Maggiore" - she is always right!

anyway we had a meal on Giudecca and the waiter was from Bangladesh and we got talking about cricket and he informed me that he was a wicket keeper for the local side, Venice, cricket!!! ........ which was a surprise.
If we go again - we will according to me wife, we plan to stay on Giudecca which is much quieter than the main "island" - some friends of ours did the same and agreed

weather was mixed but when the sun came out it was marvellous

Nikon Zf - this time

TP_Giudecca.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Peter - obviously you are correct - with my wife looking over my shoulder "I told you that was San Giorgio di Maggiore" - she is always right!

anyway we had a meal on Giudecca and the waiter was from Bangladesh and we got talking about cricket and he informed me that he was a wicket keeper for the local side, Venice, cricket!!! ........ which was a surprise.
If we go again - we will according to me wife, we plan to stay on Giudecca which is much quieter than the main "island" - some friends of ours did the same and agreed

weather was mixed but when the sun came out it was marvellous

Nikon Zf - this time

TP_Giudecca.jpg
Please let me know of the restaurant's name on Giudecca if you recommend a meal there. Funnily enough, one of the chefs at our local Italian in Kew worked in Venice and remembered my other half from a visit she and a friend made there a few years ago...

Back