Posted It! - two more added.

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
No
Just trying out my new lens (10-20) but it was a really dull afternoon. Not great but I like the sky and the posts :)

I would've liked to have tried a longer exposure but didn't have the tripod :bonk:

Winchelsea.jpg

Mono version - slight blue tint.

Winchelsea_mono.jpg

Just another one but different angle.

IMG_4010rs.jpg

Nice Donna - like that a lot. Wow - straight horizon too........ :p

might suit a mono or duo tone?

Works for me, good use of the extra WA perspective, opens up a new way of looking at things :)

Nice Donna - like that a lot. Wow - straight horizon too........ :p

might suit a mono or duo tone?

Thanks Jonny - horizon did have a teeny straighten! :p

I have done a bw version but I think I prefer the colour. :) unless my processing isn't making it look good! ;)

Works for me, good use of the extra WA perspective, opens up a new way of looking at things :)

Thanks Les - can't wait to try it out again in better light! :)

lovely - I do like the perspective you get from a wide angle
beaches are especially good!
mebbe a touch more sky to lower the horizon
(and good to see it horizontal!!)

Super shot Donna, aren't wide angle lenses great (y)

Why HDR a perfectly exposed shot with no lost shadow or highlight..........?

Very nice shot Donna - like an old giant's broken teeth! (Okay I'm getting carried away!)

Isn't it a lovely lens! Looking forward too many more from you with the wide on!

Super contrast I like the colours a lot. (I want one.) The wide angle is brilliant on this type of natural landscape.

Love the shot.
Wonderful exposure and great composition. Love the colour in the pebbles, and think they warrant their own picture!

Why HDR a perfectly exposed shot with no lost shadow or highlight..........?

HDR isn't necessarily used to rescue shadows and highlights.
It is simply another technique in which to display an image, much like presenting it in black and white.

HDR isn't necessarily used to rescue shadows and highlights.
It is simply another technique in which to display an image, much like presenting it in black and white.

Not wishing to hijack Donna's thread - but I wasn't sugesting in the slightest that HDR was used to rescue shots. Nor am i anti-HDR as i use the TOOL myself. But why on earth use HDR on a single shot that is perfectly exposed??? Incidentally, HDR is not HDR on one-shot, its EDR.

Sorry for that Donna - FP, if you want to trade tips perhaps we should continue this by PM?

Uh oh, another HDR debate on the way! :LOL:

Scooby- thanks for your comment and the edit but I think, maybe, it's a bit 'too' much for me - sorry :(

I've done a bw version with a blue tint which doesn't look bad but cheers everyone for the positive comments (y)

Uh oh, another HDR debate on the way! :LOL:

Scooby- thanks for your comment and the edit but I think, maybe, it's a bit 'too' much for me - sorry :(

I've done a bw version with a blue tint which doesn't look bad but cheers everyone for the positive comments (y)

No problem look forward to seeing the B/W

All The best
Rob

Could always make it more clarified..... Deeper... brighten some of the wood....border..

Winchelsea_4.jpg

EDIT : Clipped some off the top aswell , not alot but i hope you like it :D

Great picture, would like to see the B&W, think it would look good.

Love the low angle one!!!!! Will have a proper look on a decent monitor at home :)

PN - I like the edit - very moody sky. I find with clarifying it - it does tend to look grainy - but I do like the effect it gives.

Thanks WileE - two more posted at the top. What d'you think?

Bit of dodging and burning on the mono and you'll have a winner, great stuff (y)

The low angle shot is a cracker, makes me question the horizon but the sea is perfect and the beach and shingle slope! Wonderfully disorienting!

Not wishing to hijack Donna's thread - but I wasn't sugesting in the slightest that HDR was used to rescue shots.

I was in no means saying that HDR should be used in this shot either as it is perfectly exposed and fine just the way it is :p

Just seemed that you were implying the only use for HDR was to rescue poorly exposed shots.
Sorry as well Donna.

More to the point, I am loving that bottom picture of yours. The low angle one.
Pebbles are so detailed and sharp. Its ace.

love the colour shot, all the different colours of the stones look really cool!

Back