Posting batteries

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone know if Royal Mail will deliver a battery grip with batteries installed?

Yes I believe so.
Declare it at the P.O. and they will affix the correct sticker

Unless you get someone behind the counter who thinks they know the rules but actually don't! My local (sub) Post Office wasted 2 hours of my time due to not knowing the Royal Mail rules properly, and telling me they couldn't accept a camera with a battery in it (an old fashioned silver oxide one, not even lithium) that I was sending for repair. I phoned Royal Mail when I got home and they confirmed that as long as the battery was installed in the camera, and was not separate, there was no issue at all.

I then went into the local town and posted the camera with no problem at all at the main Post Office, stopping off at the local sub-post office on my way home to politely and quietly explain the error of their ways (showing them written guidance from Royal Mail to prove this) and informed them that they'd just wasted 2 hours of my time due to not knowing their job properly! Well, someone had to put them straight! This was a couple of years ago now and I can see one of them still wince a bit when I go to the counter! ;)

Back