Posting mounted images

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I sold a 40x50cm mounted print in our club exhibition at our town's annual show. The gentleman wasn't able to take it on the day so I would have to post it to him. I wondered what you folks use to post mounted images in. So far all I can come up with is to wrap it in loads of bubble wrap and put it in a box. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Cardboard reinforced envelope - or large flat box - whatever you get them delivered from the lab in.

Firstly, congrats of the sale :)

Not 40x50 but 40x30cm

In 2014 I faced a similar dilemma, my customer was returning home earlier than planned to Australia!

1. Mounted prints (there were two of them) were bagged into cellophane bags.
    Each one was taped with masking tape, a small piece not a full length on each edge, to a separate piece of corrugated cardboard (an old sturdy box I cut up. NB this corrugated was approx an inch larger than the mounts.)
    This was then placed face to face and taped securely all around the edges

2. The above I rolled into bubble wrap.

3. This then went into a box I bought at the Post Office
    As I recall I packed a tad more bubble wrap to fill up the odd gap.

4. Sent via Parcel Force on a tracked service ~ arriving 10 days later, intact and all in good order, at the customer in Canberra.
Note ~ By mounted I mean a window mat & backing board.

I suspect overkill for your need but you never know how it will be handled in transit..............and in my case I had no idea how many "hubs" it went through so wanted to be as sure as I could that it would indeed arrive safely :)

Back