Posting pics

ppp

Edit My Images
Yes
Have posted a couple of pics without problem, however a recent one is causing me real probs, i can't get it below the 160kb file size limit without loosing all quality.

HELP! I am trying a combination of image size and dpi setting in CS2

ok if i do as it says i still can't get it under the 160k, if i tell it to optimse for file size it doesn't matter what size i pick it won't go less than about 240kb.

Hmmm. I don't use CS2 - I use Paint Shop Pro, so I'm not really sure of the problem you're having. I can't see any reason though why the file shouldn't reduce to any give parameters. How big is the file to start with?

using photoshop 7 quality setting 9 gets my images in jpg form below the size limit and the quality loss is neglegable

i never use "save for web" i simply resize and save as a jpeg

Original from camera is 1.62mb and then after crop, filters etc it is about 1.8mb, i think it may be the coloured filter i am using?

I'd say e-mail it to me and I'll have a go for you, but my e-mail is down at the moment.

A 1.8 file size is naff all really - that should easily reduce to 160K

whitewash said:
i never use "save for web" i simply resize and save as a jpeg

Yes - that's what I do - resize to 800 pixels longest side then use the jpeg quality slider to get the file down to 160K

CT said:
Yes - that's what I do - resize to 800 pixels longest side then use the jpeg quality slider to get the file down to 160K

although be warned that the file size is mearly an indicator and i find sizes tend to be around 30k larger than its estimate when saved

If you want to email it to me I will have a look for you. I use CS2 anyway.

Think i got it sorted in the end, the original colour one resized no problem, the stuff i had done to the other one was causing the issue, i really appreciate the advice and help as always. thanks guys.

Back