Daily POTDer's Challenge Support Thread - Let's support each other

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Okay the idea behind this thread is for anyone that is doing a POTD (Photo of the Day) to get some support, for those that are doing a challenge or have done one in the past you will all understand that from time to time it can be really hard to think of an idea for your challenge photo for the day, so if your struggling please post and we will try and provide a bit of support with ideas for photo's that you could attempt for your POTD

So if you see a post in here please call in and offer some ideas :D

Matt
MWHCVT

Okay, those of us who started on New Years Day are finishing our first week. How do we feel? Running out of steam yet?

Not yet :naughty: but from experience I can say this is about the time that the novelty starts to wear off and you think what on earth am I doing :eek: I must be :wacky: but I promise that this challenge is worth doing I had so much fun last year and learnt so much from the challenge that you must continue, also I promise there are others that will enjoy your results as much as you enjoy capturing them (y)

Hopefully this thread can become a bit of sanctuary/asylum for all those mad enough to undertake this challenge :LOL: :LOL:

Matt

I have my last few days to upload and will probably do that a bit later today. They are on Flickr but just have to put them here in my thread.

So far so good I think. Please with what I have taken and the variety shots I have got. Some days this week have been a challenge just due to other things going on.

I have my last few days to upload and will probably do that a bit later today. They are on Flickr but just have to put them here in my thread.

So far so good I think. Please with what I have taken and the variety shots I have got. Some days this week have been a challenge just due to other things going on.

(y) look forward to seeing them :clap:

I'm going down to London for BETT next week: do I take my Nikon or do I just rely on the old faithful iPhone?

I'd take the Nikon personally but that's just me I don't like to take photo's on my phone but I know that others are capable of some great photo's so I'd personally say do what your comfortable with, but I can say that London will present opportunities that no photo can truly do justice i.e. long exposures etc :D

Matt

still going well ..even though it was a horrible few nights at work with maybe 10 mins to myself most nights,still got pics ....trying to upload as soon as possible ...but maybe not every day tho ..:(

:)

i know my challenge is in the limbo of the upper level BUT doesn't mean its any easier nor am i dismissive of sympathy... a couple of nights now i've thought sod the self portrait...like last night... i'll do two tomorrow... but jobs need doing first and only started my first one tonight.... el random pic may be the second..

keep going all who submit to the POTD, you're only as sane as the mad man whose thread is next to yours... i've got three months under my belt...the cracks are there? .. but i'm going to last..just like the 52 last year... (y)

i know my challenge is in the limbo of the upper level BUT doesn't mean its any easier nor am i dismissive of sympathy... a couple of nights now i've thought sod the self portrait...like last night... i'll do two tomorrow... but jobs need doing first and only started my first one tonight.... el random pic may be the second..

keep going all who submit to the POTD, you're only as sane as the mad man whose thread is next to yours... i've got three months under my belt...the cracks are there? .. but i'm going to last..just like the 52 last year... (y)

Kev your nothing short of an inspiration (y) the effort that you've put into your challenge is amazing :clap:

But if you need any support that's what this thread is for (y) I cannot get over the numbers of TPer's that are currently doing POTD's I'm aiming to call into everyone's challenges twice a week and the different things that people are doing is really amazing (y)

Matt

Kev your nothing short of an inspiration (y) the effort that you've put into your challenge is amazing :clap:

thanks matt ....selective colour for four months isn't easy....

But if you need any support that's what this thread is for (y) I cannot get over the numbers of TPer's that are currently doing POTD's I'm aiming to call into everyone's challenges twice a week and the different things that people are doing is really amazing (y)

Matt

it is a joy to see such a revival of such a challenge both this and the 52 (2009 and 2012) ..keep it ssssh , but i'm noting the themes for those two... i've got too much time on my hands?? :shrug: .. and the 12's thread

It is such a 'challenging' year...

So far it's taught me, I don't do much with my life when I'm out of University, and also to put battery and SD card into my camera..

So far it's taught me, I don't do much with my life when I'm out of University, and also to put battery and SD card into my camera..

:LOL: Battery and SD card will help I've found (y)

Well today will mark my 400th consecutive POTD so I'm sat here wondering what to do for the photo, if anyone has any suggestions I'm open to them (y)

Matt

Congrats on the 400th consecutive. Hopefully I'll be at that stage next year ;) I'm watching a new lens on eBay at the moment (ends tomorrow). If I win it it'll give me an extra 250mm to play with which will help a lot, I reckon!

Congrats on the 400th consecutive. Hopefully I'll be at that stage next year ;) I'm watching a new lens on eBay at the moment (ends tomorrow). If I win it it'll give me an extra 250mm to play with which will help a lot, I reckon!

Thanks, I hope that you get it (y) it's always nice to get a new lens to play with :D hence the amount of 8mm fish eye photo's in my challenge recently :LOL:

Ooh I didn't know there was a support thread!

I have struggled a bit this week, only so much I can take pics of in the home.

I felt like that in week 2, but I overcame it after a while. I try to take a photo that has to do with my day, so I can look back and remember. Might give you some help?

Ooh I didn't know there was a support thread!

I have struggled a bit this week, only so much I can take pics of in the home.

Well it's here as for when it's needed (y) as to indoor stuff, what about thing's like water droplets or smoke art (y) all things that can be done on rainy days (y)

well all..i know i'[m not keeping pace ith you all and i'm far ahead...but i have to say this (heed my warning travellers...oooo) ...its tough going... day 154...not even half way...AND shooting a self portrait too... (the certificate from the mad man institute came in the post last week..) ... BUT..you all keep going yeah? ... good days and bad...mine might be harder as i've set a theme of selective colour....urgh!!! ... why i can't i shot just in colour! ...

some days i feel like Oats... and just walking out of the tent...but then that suggests i have doomed five months of slog, focus and hard work to ruin...

so... here's to you all completing your 366 .. (y)

well all..i know i'[m not keeping pace ith you all and i'm far ahead...but i have to say this (heed my warning travellers...oooo) ...its tough going... day 154...not even half way...AND shooting a self portrait too... (the certificate from the mad man institute came in the post last week..) ... BUT..you all keep going yeah? ... good days and bad...mine might be harder as i've set a theme of selective colour....urgh!!! ... why i can't i shot just in colour! ...

some days i feel like Oats... and just walking out of the tent...but then that suggests i have doomed five months of slog, focus and hard work to ruin...

so... here's to you all completing your 366 .. (y)

Your's is a massive challenge mate it's more like a 730 with the SP's aswell your deffently mad :wacky: mate, but today I'm onto day 427 so what that makes me I don't know :eek:

the damn weather is really not playing ball - being based in devon i've got loads of great landscapes i could go and do , but the weather is really not coacepatic. I'm not asking for sunshine necessarily , i can handle storms and rain , but there's only so much you can do with ten tenths grey fog / low cloud.

so yet again i've had to shoot an indoor macro - its come out better than yesterdays dismal excuse for a shot but its not what i really want to be doing [/rant]

the damn weather is really not playing ball - being based in devon i've got loads of great landscapes i could go and do , but the weather is really not coacepatic. I'm not asking for sunshine necessarily , i can handle storms and rain , but there's only so much you can do with ten tenths grey fog / low cloud.

so yet again i've had to shoot an indoor macro - its come out better than yesterdays dismal excuse for a shot but its not what i really want to be doing [/rant]

Don't worry mate we all have those day's my suggestion get your self a large sheet of mount card in black, curve it up against a wall to give and infinity wall effect and then have a crack at light painting :D it can be a lot of fun :D

Over halfway through and I've certainly got to know my camera better. I think my technique has improved a lot as well.

I've developed a real liking for B&W over the year, so far - I think all my best shots have tended to work a lot with contrast and stark light. Has anyone else discovered a particular style they favour through doing this?

Over halfway through and I've certainly got to know my camera better. I think my technique has improved a lot as well.

I've developed a real liking for B&W over the year, so far - I think all my best shots have tended to work a lot with contrast and stark light. Has anyone else discovered a particular style they favour through doing this?

I've really got into landscapes this year, but I'm not sure if I've developed a style yet or not as I still like to take a bit of everything :help:

I'm definitely on a 'learning about camera, learning about editing' mission.

I don't think I'm leaning in any particular direction at the moment, but I always seem to want to crop (or rather 'have to' crop) and more often than not to produce a square image, and I find that b&w and/or increase in contrast create more satisfactory or more striking images. I suppose I also like bokeh for that reason.

One aspect I haven't really touched on is people and I don't really know why as yet.

But when all said and done, the 366 is good that you have a kind of light obligation to get out and shoot, and I suppose everybody posts their best shots because I imagine we are all hoping for recognition for and appreciation of what we do.

Well I'm less than three months to go. I've halted self portraits to allow my regular photos a chance to catch up due to my weird stop start back in May. This does mean ill finish in October....which might actually I'll finish it performing the oktoberfest challenge again... Spooky. .. Though something I noticed ..mainly with my selfies and that is a lack of colour throughout. I've gone mono with selective colour in a number of them. But overall this darkening effect. I compared mine to another 366 on flickr and what contrast hers was, being so vibrant and full of colour. I don't see it as a bad thing for my own....as I know my series has required a certain mood.

Definitely by this stage I'm reflecting on where I started and where I am now. And seeing a difference. But not a constant improvement. I have become more critical and though I post a duff shot I'm thinking its the I could try yet still wishing I could try again with another shot...

It is good to see so many still going. Its not easy. And when you get close to 300 boy I felt the pressure.

Right all you wonderful members of the man house of POTDers it's coming up soon and we need you all so if you've not signed up already click the logo below and sign up for TPD2012 we want as many members as possible in it this year :woot:

Matt

Sigh - I need your help guys - I've lost my mojo :help: This is to do with overwork and stress- theres a slight issue arround a rather large budget defecit - just call me Nick Leeson :bang: :bang:

anyway my 1000 challenge has been on hold for about a week and i've barely touched the camera (despite buying a new 17-50 f2.8 , a 10 stop filter, and a remote trigger - and planning to get a 10-20 and a samyang 8mm... retail therapy isnt working :crying: )

with a three day weekend in front of me , i want to restart the 1000 , and i need some motivational help and advice.

Sigh - I need your help guys - I've lost my mojo :help: This is to do with overwork and stress- theres a slight issue arround a rather large budget defecit - just call me Nick Leeson :bang: :bang:

anyway my 1000 challenge has been on hold for about a week and i've barely touched the camera (despite buying a new 17-50 f2.8 , a 10 stop filter, and a remote trigger - and planning to get a 10-20 and a samyang 8mm... retail therapy isnt working :crying: )

with a three day weekend in front of me , i want to restart the 1000 , and i need some motivational help and advice.

Well what can I say, your missing out on one of the best times of the year I've had some epic sunsets this week...motivation or what can your do, coins make a great macro subject, of stick a long lens on and grab half and hour of wildlife in the garden, you could go and burn some wire wool :naughty:

epic sunsets would require it to stop ****ing raining

epic sunsets would require it to stop ****ing raining

god you don't want much do you :LOL: :cautious: when it comes to rainy day's in door macro is the order of the day (y) or you can head out and get flowers with water droplets when it's stopped

you could teach yourself still life light painting like I did last year as an example

Pick you Own by mwhcvt, on Flickr

vince31 said:
Some awesome work in these challenges , keep up the good work folks and thanks for the support you are giving me in my Quest

I'll second this... I don't get to comment on the brave few we are... But its a brilliant to see what everyone comes up with... !!! (y)

Back