Potted Meat

Potted meat - aah, I remember it well.

It was what kids from poor but proud families had in their sandwich instead of suffering the embarrassment of a free school lunch.

That potted meat is truly awful.

Proper potted meat, as described by others above, is a glorious concoction.

So, I agree Joe. If someone offered me potted meat I would want more info.

I bet all the other folk on the course are having 2nd thoughts about what sarnie DD should provide for Joe. One that is hard to digest perhaps?

Surely there must be a choice on the menu?

Order something you know you will like, make a friend on the day and swap 1/2 yours for theirs, who knows, it might blossom into an annual sandwich swapping relationship :LOL:

Phil.

Lol.

Yes there are lots of options. Just never heard of potted meat. Is it a regional thing?

not really - shiphams are a national company , and you get it in most supermarkets

not really - shiphams are a national company , and you get it in most supermarkets

but they dont call it potted meat its just called beef spread.

Thats what I was asking - is this "potted meat" term a regional thing

Barm cakes, muffins, rolls, baps (ooerr), cobs

There are regional names for most foods, it all depends on what's in it. As it's potted meat you can be sure it has some form of meat in there, as for the type - well it's Yorkshire and they are made of stern stuff up in the hills. Could be squirrel or unicorns :LOL:

Tuck in and have fun ;)

I'd have to warn you though its very unlikely dave will be potting a swan just for you :LOL:

very interesting.

You see that indicates more of a brawn or head cheese type substance which is sliced. Not a beef spread at all.

Seems some people have very different ideas of what potted meat actually is. Some people think its a spread, others think a product thats sliced.

But which is right? There's only one way to find out ............ FIGHT!!!!

I've made my decision.

I'm going for the potted meat!

I know its crazy but I like to take a risk. I shall report back if it were sliced meat or spread.

I will also take a backup sarnie just in case its rank!

make sure you take some extra bogroll as well, just in case Dave's is that tracing paper stuff you used to get in school.

Back