POTY update

Name
.... Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys and gals,

I'm sure most of you must be aware of the POTY competition http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=454940

There are some great prizes to be won and there is a separate film section to it, with the prize of a tripod at the year end.

I understand that Darren and the organisers worked hard to get a separate film section to the competition.

But rather disappointingly, we only had 3 film entrants for last month.

I am currently winning the year to date competition for the film section. But when I look at the various threads on this sub forum I can see for myself that there are many more talented and skillful film photographers here than me.

There are some great rounds coming up soon such as landscapes where I really hope that film can shine.

So this is really a call to arms for the film photographers to please enter the competition and lets show the digital users what can be achieved using the medium we love.

I'm endeavouring to get a few entries in over summer and through the later part of the year when I have a little more time as I'm currently writing my dissertation and finishing my degree over the next month or so. I have an entry for landscape which needs to be sent off for developing then should hopefully get a few months shot during the summer.

(y)

I'll second Steve (well, third him actually, with Medwaygreen in between us), it's a lot of fun with its own particular zest, as the tension rises in the first fortnight of the following month. Could I, might I? No darn it, but maybe next month!

This month's theme is "family". Not everyone has them easily to hand, but there are other options that are pretty accessible.

Landscape should be good, I'm expecting a high standard of entry, but many of those I've seen on this forum could easily be winners, and the MF/LF folk have a real potential advantage for that one.

I'm learning a lot too. One of the options for February was "focus stacking"; I had no idea what that was, tried it, and got a third overall! In a few months, we have Care, or Chiaroscuro. I had no idea what the latter was, asked, and we got a nice tutorial on the POTY thread. Looks worth having a try at. And I haven't really tried a portrait yet...

I'm so pleased i decided to enter, as I think it's helping me learn a lot more. Go on, have a go!

Yes,I have been very lax with this. I fully intended to enter on a regular basis and I've not managed a single entry. I will try harder from now on.

Andy

Sorry...didn't mean to come across as school master ish.

I just see so much talent and so many great images in what is without doubt the best sub forum here.... I just want everyone else to see what film still has to offer.

Back