Pouch that goes on straps

Edit My Images
Yes
Why is it so difficult to find a small pouch designed to go on straps? I'm surprised that no other photographer is wanting one of those to store a spare battery or memory cards.

The idea is to have the pouch carrying a spare battery or two for my x100, and then I can go out without a camera bag, just the x100 in its leather case.

People of TalkPhotography are smart and handy, any idea how I could carry a spare battery or two on the leather strap of x100?

(budget £15)

Closest I can find is this one on the right which is waaaaay too much for a small pouch, granted it's good quality.
CarriersThreeNaturalFrontWarn.jpg

Would a cheap bumbag with a zipped inner pocket not be good enough? Or a money belt perhaps?

Would a cheap bumbag with a zipped inner pocket not be good enough? Or a money belt perhaps?
I'd like to keep my dignity and not look like an American tourist. :LOL:

The pouch is to go on the camera strap and stay with the camera strap. Keeping the battery with the camera.

Lowepro (and others) make pouches of all sizes that will carry what you want, and can be picked up cheaper than £15.
I have one for water bottle, smartphone (to use gps/maps) first aid kit, P&S Panasonic etc.

If they are not suitable for your strap, think about a neoprene wrap around phone holder.

Last edited:
Thanks, didn't know Lowepro makes those.

I've already got a Tamrac sas mx-5368 card/battery case, a half-sized version of that would be great. The 5368 has 4 pockets and is on the big side to be put stably on a strap.

Interesting idea with neoprene wrap around phone holder, how do I fit it onto the strap?

Thanks, didn't know Lowepro makes those.

I've already got a Tamrac sas mx-5368 card/battery case, a half-sized version of that would be great. The 5368 has 4 pockets and is on the big side to be put stably on a strap.

Interesting idea with neoprene wrap around phone holder, how do I fit it onto the strap?

It "wraps around" the strap! :D

I have one somewhere, if I can find it later, I'll post a pic.

Hum, how about Zippo belt pouches, Amazon measurements looks like it fits a battery pretty well. Not sure about the metal clip as it's designed more for a thick belt.

Or smallest knife belt pouches, but those might get misunderstood.

A while back, SanDisk were giving little pouches away with some of their cards. I use these pouches for spare batteries and cards for my Fujis - they're just big enough to hold the HS-30 battery and 2 SD cards or 3 spare XF-1 batteries and a couple of cards. I use kek belt loop clips to attach them to cases.

Sandisk pouch would be perfectly sized. Just need something that can hold 2 CF cards, which translates to roughly similar size to a battery. Can't find any in UK on ebay or amazon though.

Phone pouches are great idea, but smart phones are too big, if I can find pouches for small feature phones (remember those small phone sized devices?), that will also do nicely.

What's a popular modern small feature phone I could use as a search term?

when i bought some sandisk cards the other year they each came with a neoprene key ring case that held two CF cards in plastic cases.

really useful, i kept one to use and got rid of the other (i think, ill have a check -if i can find it you can have it)

edit: NOD beat me to it!

Can you still get condom pouches? They'll be about the same size as a CF card...

Back