Poundland Vista in Rodinal?

I think @Asha might have done it. I was going to but bottled!

I recently developed a roll of Portra 400 I found in an old folder using Rodinal in a semi-stand development and while I was able to pull images off the negative, they were extremely murky and required an awful lot of tweaking in Lightroom to get something resembling a photo. I'd be willing to try it again, particularly as that folder turned out to have pinholes in the bellows which can't have helped things.

I've done it - worked reasonably well, through the negs were very low contrast. To be clear to any random passers by - you get a black and white image out of colour film with this process!

20120527182655_scan-120527-0016.jpg

20120527182651_scan-120527-0013.jpg

20120527182646_scan-120527-0011.jpg

Can be done.
Results are low contast which can usually be succesflly retrieved in pp to give an acceptable result although that all depends on what one considers to be acceptable.
Basically it's marmite!

Can be done.
Results are low contast which can usually be succesflly retrieved in pp to give an acceptable result although that all depends on what one considers to be acceptable.
Basically it's marmite!
Marmite, is that like cafenol? Marmiteol!

Marmite is made from scrapings taken from the Devil's own gusset. :puke:

Bovril, on the other hand, is heaven sent. I use it for beef stock, spread on toast, as a healthy and nutritious drink and an ingredient in one of the best sandwich fillings ever concocted - boiled egg and Bovril. Lovely stuff. :)

Boiled egg and bovril sandwich!?!

Don't say that near my vegan daughter! :)

Marmite is made from scrapings taken from the Devil's own gusset. :puke:

Bovril, on the other hand, is heaven sent. I use it for beef stock, spread on toast, as a healthy and nutritious drink and an ingredient in one of the best sandwich fillings ever concocted - boiled egg and Bovril. Lovely stuff. :)

Where is the "dislike" option for this post...

Boiled egg and Bovril butties? :puke: You'll be lifting the sheets after eating that! :whistle:

Last edited:
Back