Power struggle

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Don't normally do landscapes but saw this on my travels and had to grab a few shots.

The storm cloud is over Ferry Bridge power station in West Yorkshire.

I liked the storm moving towards the power station but the light coming in from the left as if to fight it off.

Battle for Power by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Edit - changed the crop slightly

Dave.

Last edited:
Great looking weather front.

I'm assuming the power station is a the whitish central structure?
Personally, I would have zoomed in more on the power station at the expense of the foreground, sides and upper part of the image.

I could have done a better job of setting up but it was a rush out of the car and grab the camera and my little tripod before the moment passes type of thing.

I took a couple of shots before realising that the path would make an ideal lead in.

I wish I had a longer lens with me - that would have helped get more shots but closer - I only had the 17-35 in the car though.

I did want to keep the full cloud as the scale of it against the power station is immense.

Last edited:
No, the lower cropped version just looks horizontally truncated - the first one gives the context of the spread of land and sky and is far better.

No, the lower cropped version just looks horizontally truncated - the first one gives the context of the spread of land and sky and is far better.
Yes - I was just showing the detail in the Power station with the second shot (it is a 3:2 crop). I have not spent any real time looking for the best crop - I may spend some time when I get home from work.

In fact I will remove it as it doesn't serve any real purpose :)

Dave.

Last edited:
Back