power ?

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Hi there i was out with my camera today for a few hours and found i lost battery power for the first time ever(stone dead).

I was wondering about the camera settings though.

Is it possible that you use more power shooting in RAW(as i did today) than you would in jpeg.

It was a waste of time to came home and downloaded the shots and deleted every single one:crying:

I dont seem to have an eye for detail bottom line i took shots of a load of c**p.:puke:

I would guess RAW uses less, as its not doing any in camera processing, though would also think the difference is negligable. The cold weather does play havoc on batteries and are you sure they were fully charged to begin with? As for saying they are all crap, stop being so hard on yourself, we all have those days, I seem to be having lots of them atm, but post a few here and let others advise you what you could have done better for next time, or indeed that they are not nearly as crap as you think, its the only way to really learn ;) :hug:

No they where crap.lol
I know i have done better i just had a real bad day out.

I was wondering if i should maybe stay in program mode for a while am i maybe jumping in head first working with the Av/Tv modes? What do you's think??????

Was exposure the problem or were they soft or badly composed?

I think it was a bit of each.

Some to dark some to bright.
Some out of focus, and not sure if i composed right could i get some info on this or is it an idiot proof question:thinking:

It would really help if you were to post up a couple of pics. Under/over exposure can be helped with exposure compensation, the rest may be down to technique. If we could see example we might be able to make an informed opinion. Also if you post the exif data, that would help too.

ok will try and post later.
can i ask how you do it without having to put them into the gallerie, can i copy and paste to the forum from my file.

No but i have been thinking about one of these.
If i get time later i will try and set one up and post the Crap shots.lol

Hosting here in the gallery is the easiest option but does mean they have to be the right size both pixels width/height and actual file size in kb's. Otherwise as fabs has said, somewhere like flickr is quite good. Lets see what we can do to help with all the issues you mention.

Nothing really wrong with any of your Flickr shots so don't be so hard on yourself or we'll send the boys round :bat: :LOL:

Yep, you are definitely being hard on yourself. The water shots look great, the other could maybe do with just a touch of sharpening but other than that they look well composed and exposed to me.

Ok thanks for that,
I did have to do some edititing to them as they where a bit naff looking straight from the camera.

Back