Powerline adapters

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I currently use two powerline adapters for my smart tv,one connected to the router and the other connected to the tv and it works fine. I want to add another adapter in another room but I cannot find a single adapter they are all in pairs,there are however plug sockets with ethernet connections .As there is already a powerline connected to the ring main would one of these sockets give me a data connection

The only mains sockets I know that have Ethernet ports would need those ports wired in And would not work natively with homeplugs.

Thanks I thought that would be the case but you never know until you ask

From memory you can pair other Homeplugs in so maybe that is an option? Google your model and see what options you may have. Maybe if you have an old router you could use as a hub (else buy a hub) to give you more ports off the existing homeplugs?

From memory you can pair other Homeplugs in so maybe that is an option? Google your model and see what options you may have. Maybe if you have an old router you could use as a hub (else buy a hub) to give you more ports off the existing homeplugs?

Yes if I could get one home plug I would be quite happy but they are sold in pairs and I do not need two
Edit it seems I can get one off Amazon so that will do the job

Last edited:
What make is your current one? You may be able to find a used one on eBay.

Also worth checking if CEX have one similar to your one as I think they give 2 years warranty on used stuff.

Thanks for everyones help, I have got just what I wanted from Amazon-its a TP link WiFi range extender with Ethernet port that works with the existing TP set up so should be all sorted when it arrives

A lot of them seem to use same protocols I was surprised a TP link one worked with a different makers base connected to router, but any updates might mess things up if you relied on them.
I have one runs through at least 50m of older cables through barns to run an ethernet security cam and wifi calving camera.
Inexpensive and reliable solution.

I currently use two powerline adapters for my smart tv,one connected to the router and the other connected to the tv and it works fine. I want to add another adapter in another room but I cannot find a single adapter they are all in pairs,there are however plug sockets with ethernet connections .As there is already a powerline connected to the ring main would one of these sockets give me a data connection
What power line adapters do you have. I have a few Devolo adapters lying around that are no longer in use.

A lot of them seem to use same protocols I was surprised a TP link one worked with a different makers base connected to router, but any updates might mess things up if you relied on them.
I have one runs through at least 50m of older cables through barns to run an ethernet security cam and wifi calving camera.
Inexpensive and reliable solution.
That's 'cos there is a standard which only Netgear (IIRC) doesn't use.

I’ve got one of these you can have - Powerline AV50067FCE6BC-D558-4180-BF1E-AD763729B60C.jpeg

Back