PP brightness check please

Edit My Images
Yes
I`ve been using my lappy for pp but now have a new all-in-one pc, the difference in screen brightness and clarity is poles apart though, I had to dim the lappy as it gave me blinding headaches and have tried to take that into account when doing photos for uploading, but knowing my lappy is not likely to be of average brightness compared to most peoples screens I never know how my shots look to others online. [ Printing is`nt a problem as I made the necessary adjustments to the printer output so that the printer turns out shots how they are supposed to look ].
I will be using the new machine specifically for photos so would appreciate a concensus on the brightness side of things.

Below are two photos taken at the same show, one pp`d on the lappy and the other on the new machine. Please could you let me know which appears better to you for brightness or if either/both are too dark or too bright so I can make adjustments at my end, I do everything by eye [ cant afford swanky callibration gear and when I did a chart based callibration on the lappy of course it was with an already dim screen so the chart will have reflected that so was a pointless exercise really ] and my eyes are so used to the lappy that my new machine looks very bright in comparison but does seem more correct overall with both machines side by side :help:

Done on the lappy

HunkaDSC_0998.jpg

Done on the new machine

TravisDSC_0518.jpg

Thanks for any input on this issue :)

Well on my work computer the second one definatly looks better levels wise.

Lovely horse in the second photo aswell.

Theres some Horses near me I've been meaning to shoot for a while. I must get round to that asap :)

Thank you, you`ve been a help (y)

I`ll pass on the compliment to the owner of the lovely Chestnut horse, it was her first show in 11 years and the first show for that horse, she will be chuffed that he`s been complimented :D

new machine quality well ahead...crisp and balanced...neutral in many respects so you have +/- capacity in the shot

Back