Practice Nature Photography

Name
Roshni`
Edit My Images
Yes
I love Nature photography but unfortunately i am not able to get that Picture Perfect Shot when i click a snap. So i am thinking to go on Practice Mode for some time to sharpen my skills. Therefor, which can be the best places for me to Practice Nature Photography?

as you're located in india, (the joys of IP geolocation - Jalapur, Gugarat) it might be difficult for the members of a largely UK based forum to give specific locations...

as you're located in india, (the joys of IP geolocation - Jalapur, Gugarat) it might be difficult for the members of a largely UK based forum to give specific locations...
Which can be the best places like River Area, Denser Forests, etc.. and not like any area of city :)

Is Purna Wildlife Sanctuary fairly close to you?

So i am thinking to go on Practice Mode for some time to sharpen my skills.

Do you mean switching the camera to `P` mode?

Last edited:
One Of the best ways of learning and improving is. Looking closely at your bad (in your opinion) shots. Useing them to work out what you did wrong. That way you know what not to do next time.

One Of the best ways of learning and improving is. Looking closely at your bad (in your opinion) shots. Useing them to work out what you did wrong. That way you know what not to do next time.
I love close up shots but when i put my work up for review, i got some negative feedback and ratings :(
That was really really disheartening considering the amount of hard work i have put in!

I love close up shots but when i put my work up for review, i got some negative feedback and ratings :(
That was really really disheartening considering the amount of hard work i have put in!
Where did you post them?
If you post some on here, we can give you some honest feedback and provide some guidance.

Alas I do not know India however if you want to practice with birds provide food and water and they will come. Perches can be added where, in most locations, birds will land before going to water / food. The perches can be changed to suit. Birds become accustomed to teh huiman presence or you can create a mini hide (a sheet works!).
Try googling Alan Murphy, bird photographer in Texas and you can see how he sets up perches etc.
Good luck!

I find it slightly strange the OP isn't replying to direct questions :rolleyes: + as someone who seems to be a total newbie, she claims to be working as a freelance photographer? :confused:

She has started a few threads......but the only camera I thought I saw mentioned was a smartphone! Did I miss mention of other kit with greater suitability for wildlife photography?

Oh, and as said to all(?) other new posters asking for support about technique re post pictures with EXIF intact, she has yet to do so o_O :popcorn:

Well her avatar is i surmise not an image of herself........ at least according to searches ;) :whistle:

That's fair enough, I'm pretty sure Carl isn't a Medieval Crusader, and I'm sure as hell not a Canon A1 or a box of Velvia/Kodachrome...

That's fair enough, I'm pretty sure Carl isn't a Medieval Crusader, and I'm sure as hell not a Canon A1 or a box of Velvia/Kodachrome...

Absolutely, and of some in the business forum section who are male but use an avatar of one of their female portfolio subjects. But context is all, she has selected an image by gender of a specific person......an idol perhaps, rather than of herself?

I admit the the guy in my avatar is me, I just didn't want you all to become jealous of my good looks, hence I left you guessing :-()

She has started a few threads......but the only camera I thought I saw mentioned was a smartphone! Did I miss mention of other kit with greater suitability for wildlife photography?

Oh, and as said to all(?) other new posters asking for support about technique re post pictures with EXIF intact, she has yet to do so o_O :popcorn:
Look at the kit list in the profile, it makes no sense at all, maybe a mistake made by someone with a very poor grasp of English or no idea at all about photography.

:popcorn:

Look at the kit list in the profile, it makes no sense at all, maybe a mistake made by someone with a very poor grasp of English or no idea at all about photography.

:popcorn:

Ah! Yes the list looks like a lucky bag dip of semi random gear that does not reconcile. And neither does it tally with the post I saw where she mentioned using a smartphone to take wildlife pictures.

I hope she posts back to clarify what to date is a confusing mixture of posts?

Linguistically(?), English though maybe not first language but there is no obvious lack of understanding or comprehension!

English though maybe not first language but there is no obvious lack of understanding or comprehension!

Agreed.
It's almost like the OP was `designed` to give the impression that English isn't their first language, whereas other posts don't give me the same impression. :confused:

eg;

Naaah!!
It's too far away from where i live.. Around 500 odd kms :(

&

`I love sharing knowledge related to Photography because that's what my Passion is and fortunately I have made my Passion my Work too!`

Agreed.
It's almost like the OP was `designed` to give the impression that English isn't their first language, whereas other posts don't give me the same impression. :confused:

eg;

&

`I love sharing knowledge related to Photography because that's what my Passion is and fortunately I have made my Passion my Work too!`

I likewise 'saw' that!

Back