Practina mount adapter help

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
I have a lens with an old Practina mount, does anyone have any idea,s on how to convert either by adapter or DIY to m42.

This is on a Enna Munchen - Ennalyt 1:4.5/240mm lens and I would really like to try it out to see how it performs.

Thank you in anticipation.

Richard.

This would almost certainly have to be DIY, the Practina was an odd bayonet mount, you could possibly remove the mount and modify a 'T' to M42 to fit.

Dave.

I will try the DIY route, I hope there will be someone to help :)

Thanks,

Richard.

I'm sure that there will be pointers once you start, a pic of the mount will be a good start.

Dave.

I will post a pic as soon as possible.

Richard.

I will post a pic as soon as possible.

Richard.

Here is the pic, there are three protrusions around the collar two can be seen. hope this may give someone an idea.

Richard.

Hi Richard,

Some of these lenses were 'T' mount, have a look and see if the section with the bayonet will unscrew, if it does, its probably a 'T' mount.

Dave.

Well I have made some progress, on the mount collar were three very small screws underneath each of the lets call them bayonets, I removed the screws and the complete top section mount was removed leaving the straight plain column with a grove ring where the three screws located. The tube diameter is 42mm outside measurement.

I have had a look at a T2 mount to Say Nikon, the inside of the T mount appears to be threaded, but from photo,s it looks like there are three screws holes, could these retain the T2 mount onto the lenses 42mm dia tube by way of the grove that retained the current mount?

I hope this makes some sense and if anyone has a T2 mount I could try, I would of course pay the postage and return the mount immediately.

Regards,

Richard.

Richard, why not post me the lens and I'll try and sort it for you? I do have this big cnc workshop to play in...

Sounds like you have a 'T' mount lens, the adaptors quite often have a retaining screw arangment, I only have a 'T' to M42, but your welcome to try it.

Dave.

Back