Prague 2023

Name
Toby
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
Lovely set. What a coincidence. Yesterday, my wife asked me where we could go for a week in addition to our Lake Magiorre holiday in July and I actually suggested Prague. I'll show these to her.

We'd love to visit St Nicholas church. It looks fabulous. I love Baroque style (and music)...1600-1750 and earlier Gothic architecture. St Paul's London is Baroque but nothing as ornate as those in Europe because Baroque architecture as seen in southern and western Europe is the architectural expression of Absolutist and Counter-Reformation (Catholic) ideals. Non of which were very popular in 17th century England. By the way. The Catholic Church wanted to keep the people from leaving the church and going to Protestant churches so they made their churches so much fancier hoping that the people would feel more heavenly in the their churches... :)

Scroll down and see how simialr the interior of the Church of the Gesù in Rome is. https://arsartisticadventureofmanki...-church-of-the-gesu-and-the-apostolic-palace/

Lovely set. What a coincidence. Yesterday, my wife asked me where we could go for a week in addition to our Lake Magiorre holiday in July and I actually suggested Prague. I'll show these to her.

We'd love to visit St Nicholas church. It looks fabulous. I love Baroque style (and music)...1600-1750 and earlier Gothic architecture. St Paul's London is Baroque but nothing as ornate as those in Europe because Baroque architecture as seen in southern and western Europe is the architectural expression of Absolutist and Counter-Reformation (Catholic) ideals. Non of which were very popular in 17th century England. By the way. The Catholic Church wanted to keep the people from leaving the church and going to Protestant churches so they made their churches so much fancier hoping that the people would feel more heavenly in the their churches... :)

Scroll down and see how simialr the interior of the Church of the Gesù in Rome is. https://arsartisticadventureofmanki...-church-of-the-gesu-and-the-apostolic-palace/
Thanks, it’s a lovely city. St Nicholas is probably the most impressive church interior I’ve seen, I’d say it even tops the Sagrada Familia although they are very different.

Back