Pre Season football friendly

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
No
I have only ever shot football for about 15 mins at a local field, but a friend said he had a pre season friendly so thought i would go along and shoot a full match for some practice,

Only had a 70-200mm so i was limited to close by action
C+C is appreciated!

4961731076_5aa8256328_z.jpg

4961138379_63161c63c0_z.jpg

4961729658_d97481192e_z.jpg

4961727956_c60dec3ed6_z.jpg

4961127627_fa5cfaf45f_z.jpg

4961720910_ff4591faae_z.jpg

Thanks for looking

A very strong set for your first full game, nothing particularly wrong with any of these captures.:)

The only slight nitpick I'd say is that in a few of them there is a little too much dead space above and/or below the subjects. The best way to crop your football shots is generally to be tight around the action (within reason obviously), don't worry too much about keeping a set ratio, but this is just a minor comment.:)

These look pretty good to me Tom :)

only real criticism i can make is for shots like 2,3 and 5 try cropping landscape instead of portrait

Good shots definitely :) I'm really wondering what goes on in #1 and the ball is behind them?!

Thanks for the comments, appreciate the tips for cropping.
I was trying to keep to a set ratio but if it doesn't matter I'll crop tighter next time within reason of course :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments, appreciate the tips for cropping.
I was trying to keep to a set ratio but if it doesn't matter I'll crop tighter next time within reason of course :)

Set ratios are good, try using a landscape format next time :)

custom ratios also work. don't restrict your self to one ratio, crop to fit the action if needed

Set ratios are good, try using a landscape format next time :)

custom ratios also work. don't restrict your self to one ratio, crop to fit the action if needed

Stick to set ratios if you want to sell prints. cropping to fit action makes it a lot harder to sell prints.. but better for portfolios...

As for your pictures.. theres isnt a thing i could offer to improve... all good stuff from here :)

Very good, love the last one it really shows how poor the pitch is!

Last edited:
Back