Pre Wedding Shoot

Name
Marcus
Edit My Images
Yes
The summer of this year has allowed me to start shooting in a style I feel a little bit more comfortable with, which has included a number of silhouettes. Ok I confess I'm a silhouette-aholic and here is one of those from a pre-wedding shoot. Nearly straight out of camera with just a few lightroom slider push and pulls to enhance.

C&C welcome

Pre Wedding Shoot Sunset by Marcus Charter, on Flickrr

The blog is here which contains a few more normal looking shots, but please limit C&C to the image in this thread only.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Like the idea with this, but im not sure it quite works for me.....

The sun glare is slightly distracting and the woman's silhouette isn't very well defined.

Just my opinion.

Not the sort of snap I've ever done, but AFAIC it ticks all the boxes except one. Her silhouette just doesn't look right to me, simply because of the pose. You know what they were doing (i.e. why they're standing like that), they know what they were doing, but anybody else is left wondering because it's by no means obvious.

Last edited:
I think the size of the tree on the right hand side draws they eye away from the couple also.... its a good idea, and a different pose at least.

Actually- having seen the thumbnail for this post it crops the right hand side off the photo and makes it square keeping the left hand edge- that looks much better to me with the couple in the centre.

I like it. I see what Dan means by the pose, but you know until I read his post I didn't see it. I guess it depends on who is looking at it. I would think the couple are very happy with it.

I like it, but have to admit, before reading down I wondered if she was pregnant
I love that you obviously love your photography and put your heart into it. A bit of work on posing the silouhetted figures and you're on to a winner

I had the same thought as bruce above.Great image though and proper sure they would love it.

Gaz

I also like silhouettes, but do agree that unfortunately the silhouette is not formed well around the woman to indicate a wedding photo. I also think a tight crop may look better, in my eyes anyway. As you say it's a marmite photo.

Well, I like it. Like the sunburst, don't mind that I don't fully understand the pose, she doesn't look pregnant to me and I quite like the smallness of the subject in the frame.

The one quirk which grabbed my attention is that it looks like it's on the wonk. It's not, but the angle of the pose, the trees and the clouds all combine to give a slight sense of sliding towards the right of the frame.

I really like this but I am a sucker for a silhouette. I can see what people mean with regards to the position/pose, but it's not a massive deal breaker for me.

I like it but I agree that a portrait crop works better by retaining enough of the trees to give it context but making the position of the couple a little more prominent.

I actually like this shot. Gets me thinking about my daughters pre wedding shots now :(

Well I think this is lovely. I can see how it could be thought she was pregnant but to me it just looks as though she has her arms around his neck. The positioning of the setting sun is just about spot on too and makes the shot for me. I might have been tempted to play with a crop or two, but not sure it would improve it any ... the "far away ness" of the couple seems to work.

Back