Premiere Rally 2013

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, just wanted to share a few shots from todays Premiere Rally at Sherwood Pines. First time shooting a rally and struggled with shutter speed immensely, cloud and tree canopy is never a good mix. Lol.

Premiere Rally 2013
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Premiere Rally 2013

Premiere Rally 2013

Premiere Rally 2013

Premiere Rally 2013

Premiere Rally 2013

Comments, critique and advice welcomed as always! :)

Nice shots, I've just got back myself. Going through 200 odd shots! Been getting used to my new camera :)

1 is nice, good panning. 2 again good panning but the car is too far to the left of the frame imo. 3 I don't think there's enough movement and doesn't do much for me, sorry! 4, I like the B&W conversion but I don't like the fact the car is literally turning out of the frame. 5 is very nice with that low POV but again cropped to close to the back of the car imo. 6 is a nice shot and suits the car nicely :)

Harry.

Hi Harry. Some good feedback mate, thanks. I knew #4 would get that reaction. The result of messing up the shot with it coming down the hill and had to settle for second best, the arse end. :D

Look forward to seeing yours mate.

Cheers.

Ok, revisited #2, not sure why i cropped it like that, i think i was playing with the angle slider and it ended up tight on the rear. Here is the original, no crop or angle. Any better?

Premiere Rally 2013

Just to add, the 106 is the same. Will revisit this one also, but there are a few people in the shot that need cloning out.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Some good panning David, particularly on the Mk1 for me. I struggled with settings as well, found it very dark on the first and last stages.
My complaint would be that you haven't shown much of the scenery which had some lovely colours, and in the shots where you have gone wider, you have opted for b/w, which is a shame I feel.
Hope you had a good day though, 4 quid for six stages is pretty good value, especially when you compare it with other sports. There's a rally somewhere round newark way next weekend too I think, if you have got the bug!

Yah it was good mate. The bloke I gave my ticket to had an even cheaper day too!

I guess I should have gone wider but I was weary of the car looking too tiny in the frame. :eek:

Guess it's something to look at for next year though!

I guess I should have gone wider but I was weary of the car looking too tiny in the frame. :eek:

I'm in exactly the same boat fella. Want to do more arty shots, using the rule of thirds, but worried it will not look right and i'll fail horribly. Some of the pics people post on here are stunners because of brilliant composition. I guess that achieving great composition is as much a skill as everything else and takes practice! Roll on 2014 hey!

Nice shots though...love the yellow Mk1

Back