Preordering A7 IV - Jessops?

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I have looked through some posts here and got the impression that people avoid buying from Jessops? Am I right? What's the reason for it?

I plan to preorder Sony A7 IV and it seems like Jessops can offer me the best way of finance, but I'm not sure if buying from them is a good choice.

Hi,

I have looked through some posts here and got the impression that people avoid buying from Jessops? Am I right? What's the reason for it?

I plan to preorder Sony A7 IV and it seems like Jessops can offer me the best way of finance, but I'm not sure if buying from them is a good choice.
I'd maybe suggest Park Cameras.

You should be able to get a free 80gb CF Express Card from them when you pre-order the Sony A7 IV (use code SONY-GIFT-VIP and it should add one to your basket for free), plus they also offer 12 months interest free finance.

Worth it even if you don't want the card as should then be able to sell it on to reduce the cost of the camera.

Hi,

One reason might be that they are still in serious financial difficulties, and keep going into Administration. If you need support down the road, e.g. if your camera develops a fault, there's a possibility they might not be there to help and you will have to deal directly with Sony. Otherwise, there may be no particular reason to consider them over other retailers with better-informed staff and often keener prices.

One reason might be that they are still in serious financial difficulties, and keep going into Administration. If you need support down the road, e.g. if your camera develops a fault, there's a possibility they might not be there to help and you will have to deal directly with Sony. Otherwise, there may be no particular reason to consider them over other retailers with better-informed staff and often keener prices.
Just to follow up on this comment. Should Jessops shut doors there should be no reason why Sony themselves wouldn't assist you under the manufacturers guarantee. Also if you are financing the deal you will have protection under Section 75 where the finance company are jointly liable should something go wrong.

Back