Preparing for canvas q's..

Edit My Images
No
Hi Everyone

Advice needed as I am not so great with the computer side of it all!

I have 7 photos I need to send off for canvas today to loxley. I have never printed anything on canvas before. Nobody has ever wanted it and I have never been able to afford it for myself. The canvases will be roungly A1 size but I am slightly worried about how well they will print. The biggest I ever print is 16x12 and have always saved as a JPEG 10 (quality) is this okay for that size? Also what dpi should they be as most of the ones apart from a couple at 300dpi are 240dpi

Any advice much appreciated - really looking forward to seeing my prints on canvas but want to get them right

:) thanks

edit - also will be using ROES so guessing I dont need to resize in photoshop to actual size? as I never have with prints..

Last edited:
shutterbug, loxley are fab, just give them a call and ask, they really are VERY helpful. On another note I have printed canvases off at 180 dpi with no noticable loss of detail!

7 A1 canavses from loxley, that ain't going to be cheap lol

your images will be fine since canvas is not a very sharp medium to print on so you can get away with a a lower quality image to start with.

Hi Everyone

Advice needed as I am not so great with the computer side of it all!

I have 7 photos I need to send off for canvas today to loxley. I have never printed anything on canvas before. Nobody has ever wanted it and I have never been able to afford it for myself. The canvases will be roungly A1 size but I am slightly worried about how well they will print. The biggest I ever print is 16x12 and have always saved as a JPEG 10 (quality) is this okay for that size? Also what dpi should they be as most of the ones apart from a couple at 300dpi are 240dpi

Any advice much appreciated - really looking forward to seeing my prints on canvas but want to get them right

:) thanks

edit - also will be using ROES so guessing I dont need to resize in photoshop to actual size? as I never have with prints..

You may find that Oxford Imaging are cheaper and do a FANTASTIC service and canvas. Many people on here use just them for canvas. Nothing against Loxley, good quality stuff, but no better than Oxford.

7 A1 canavses from loxley, that ain't going to be cheap lol

your images will be fine since canvas is not a very sharp medium to print on so you can get away with a a lower quality image to start with.

hehe thankfully its not me paying - they are going in rooms in a posh hotel which is exciting!

thanks for info - thats great cheers

You may find that Oxford Imaging are cheaper and do a FANTASTIC service and canvas. Many people on here use just them for canvas. Nothing against Loxley, good quality stuff, but no better than Oxford.

I have spent the afternoon reading posts on them on here and am very tempted to try. I mainly go for loxley as they constantly get the colours spot on with all my prints but I think I am going to give Oxford a try as their guarantee and prices looks great (am assuming if colours are out by quite a bit they do a refund from what I read?) The only thing is trying to work how they crop on the picture as with the ROES you see exactly where the edge is and from what I saw on OI you can't so will just have to work it out myself I suppose. Very tempted to get myself a canvas from them as well :)

I am waiting for four canvases to come back from Oxford Imaging.

Richard emailed me to say that he wanted to check them personally as it was my first order. When he did there were marks on the background that I had not seen on my uncalibrated monitor :bang: He even sent one of them to me unmounted so that I could see what he meant.

I have now reprocessed them and sent him the new files. I can't judge the final quality yet but customer service is brilliant.

Andy

Back