Preparing for the sunrise

You have two good subjects there, and an obvious visual link with the photographer. Why is he hitching up his trousers instead of looking through the viewfinder, turned a bit more sideways to your camera, facing the view on the left?

Too much dull foreground so either crop that out or move closer, making more of the figure.

Last edited:
Clap, for getting up for the sunrise.

I'd like to see a silhouette. Bit off the bottom and him not pulling this pants up ;)

Nice light, and it's nice light that will make or break a photograph, IMO. Nice layers in the mid and BG, and one nice warm colours.

Good show.

I was out on the hills at stupid o'clock this morning to take some sunrise shots with a good friend. Caught this candid as he was preparing his kit. Wonder what your thoughts are?

Stupid o'clock Mike...this a lay-in, wait until summer ;)

Nice light, the tripod position is a little unfortunate...or flattering I suppose :LOL:

Have you got your sunrise shots to post?

Simon

Massive improvement, from above you can see the tweaks that would make it better still.

Stupid o'clock Mike...this a lay-in, wait until summer ;)

Nice light, the tripod position is a little unfortunate...or flattering I suppose :LOL:

Have you got your sunrise shots to post?

Simon

Hi Simon,

TBH a lot of my shots this morning came out blurry. This is mostly due to the fact that somewhere between leaving the house and arriving on scene I lost my tripod screw mount (found it again later), I had no gloves, and it was -3.5 degrees.

That said, I did take this one and processed it a little in Lightroom:

Morning Sunrise by teambeecham, on Flickr

That is a very nice scene well captured, as for the fellow photographer I think it would have worked if you had both camera and tripod in the frame too not just the photographer.
Kevin

I love the landscape aspect of the image, but your friend looks like he's performing a monkey impression :LOL: Sorry

Love the second image.

Re the first post ..... Nice light and exposure.
The horizon going across the middle of the frame doesn't work for me.
+1 on the above comments re the photographer.
Even in landscape photography, especially those with people, there are good "moments" waiting to be caught. This is not one of them.

Re pic #2.
I wonder how it would look with a ND grad to balance up the exposure a bit.

I really like the OP nice warm colours with the cold morning mixed in. I personally dont see what the problem is with the horizon as RichardTaylor has pointed out.

Back