Preparing for the winter cold. 8th Sept.

Name
Red- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Snappa
Edit My Images
No
Usually, sometime half way through December someone will ask what gloves are suitable for photographing in the freezing cold, almost as if they forgot winter happens every year.
These cycling gloves from Lidl are excellent for photography, they are neoprene so have exactly the same thermal qualities and the same flexibility and grip of the branded gloves but cost a lot less.
Winter Photography Gloves

I thought it was fishing gloves rather than cycling. They have the cutout finger and thumb.

Personally I use the simple fingerless gloves with a mitten cover, simple but effective.

I cut the fingers off a pair of gloves last week for my daughter's fancy dress costume - she went as Officer Judy Hopps.

Ready made for me now :)

hopps.jpg

i have a couple of cheapo gloves from sports direct ,warm enough for cold weather but still allow me to feel the shutter button .then again the last few winters have been that mild they have not been needed .we really need a bitter cold waxwing winter

Get your love ones to knit a pair of gloves with one of the fingers being clear for pressing the shutter and if you want extra warmth put a lining in before sewing them up. Problem solved and cheap.:)

I thought it was fishing gloves rather than cycling. They have the cutout finger and thumb.

Personally I use the simple fingerless gloves with a mitten cover, simple but effective.
Yes, fishing gloves from Aldi are excellent. Good for shooting too. I have a pair here somewhere.......

I sell stretch magic gloves with only the thumb and index finger of the glove are fingerless. I'm not a trader on here though so can't add a link.

Last edited:
Back