Preparing to migrate

Nice, russ. I currently know of one site where these are nesting....I can also get within touching distance of them and they don't seem to give a damn.

They come to the same spot ebery year too

Good luck Russ, I do hope you can get in on them,that's all I feel you need here to be closer to my learners eye it looks like you did a good job with the rest. Tell ya what mate those shots could have been taken on my roof a few yearsback,(the ridge tile fits aswell;)). This time of year we'd have twenty plus regularly,it's really fallen back this last couple of years,just a handful about at the mo,really sad I miss 'em so much. Somewhere have pics(probably crap) taken with a kit lens out of the window at stupid point blank range of parents feeding, kids on top of an old soil pipe vent....jees i'd love that chance now.

good luck mate

Stu

Many thanks Stu and Toni :)
Good luck Russ, I do hope you can get in on them
- Stu, I moved house a year ago and this new spot gives me an opportunity to see these Swallows harvesting insects over the field at the back of our new house - but I still haven't managed a close-up or decent in-flight shot yet :(
I think you should caption the second picture "I tell you, south is that way". ;)
- Nice one ,Toni :D

Russ

Back