Presenting images in a specific order on line

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I currently use flickr and 500px but as far as I can tell there is no way of setting the order in which images are displayed, i.e. they always sort by date for example but I may want a gallery in a different order that can't be changed. I guess what I would really like is a set of albumns and within those to have the photos in the order I specify, I am happy to name the files in a specific way to set the ordering if they could be sorted by name - e.g. landscape.1.jpg, landscape.2.jpg, ...

Does anyone know of an photo hosting site (preferably free) that allows for this? If not I do have a webserver and am pretty good with all the usual LAMP stack stuff, does anyone know of a PHP based gallery that allows this? I would prefer not to host it myself or hand-roll my own webpages because I know what a faff that can become but if that is the only option, I'll do that...

At least on 500px you can actually organise images in galleries in the order you want. Just drag&drop them using your mouse. This is only in galleries, not in the photostream that is always in "upload date" order.

You can sort your pics in Flickr albums by dragging them around. No need for renaming.

Thanks All, I'll try to improve my Googling skills :)

So it's "Edit in Organiser" in flickr, I hadn't really played with that, I just kept adding them to Albumns when I uploaded. Thanks again

Back