Pretty Leila...studio shot (crits. & comms.!)

• Thread starter englandshottest2
  • Start date
E

englandshottest2

Hi all, well all over yesterday was spent from 9am until 8pm shooting, whom I think, is by far one of the prettiest models (and girls for that matter!), it was Leila's first time, so I think she did beautifully, considering how long the shoot was, how COLD it was, etc.
Anyway, thought I'd post a few samples of the pics out of the 400+ we got yesterday. Would love anyone's feedback, pleaz! (good n' bad!)

No.1
leila-jan080003-1ss.jpg

No.2
leila-jan080002_1ss.jpg

No.3
leila-jan080015-1s.jpg

No.4
leila-jan080004-1s.jpg

Thanxxx!

1 and 3 have poor crops in my opinion. In image 1 her feet are cut off and in 3 I feel it would be better either cropped around the models head& shoulders. 2 is not a very flattering due to the choice of clothing.

In shots 1 and 3 I like the lighting and her expression.

The grey bg makes a nice change from white. :)

1. I like it, but the foot being cut off is really irritating and leads the eye out of the frame to the left, while her gaze to the right leads your eye out of the frame on that side.

2. I'd have lost all those messy wires and just used the guitar and amp.I'd have cropped on the left so she wasn't so central in the frame.

3. Is good, but I think eye contact would have worked better?

4. This would be my pick. She looks relaxed and natural, unaware of the camera, sort of contemplative. She's a bit central in the frame for me, especially for landscape format, which seems to be a tendency. Try thinking about where you place the figure in the frame for more impact - don' be afraid of a bit of empty space.

leila-janedit.jpg

Pretty good overall I'd say. Nice skin tones. :)

A lovely set, but agree with the feedback above from CT.

Okay here's MVHO but please bear in mind that it's meant to be constructive:

- Make-up and clothes are awful and detract from an attractive model. Better to let the model do her own make-up and wardrobe than try it yourself if you're not very good at it.
- The props don't work, as said above the wires are messy, but even without that a guitar and amp is just too random unless you're going for a very recogniable rock type look.
- I feel no connection with the model which would suggest that there wasn't one between the photographer and model.

They're the three main areas I'd work on but fair play for getting in the studio in the first place. I scouted one out yesterday so feel free to be equally constructive when I post my first pics!

I think that it is a good effort with #3 being the best in my opinion, I don't know how many lights you had to use but do feel that a hairlight would have helped lift the shots a little. About 1 stop to 2 stops more than the main exposure.

Okay here's MVHO but please bear in mind that it's meant to be constructive:

- Make-up and clothes are awful and detract from an attractive model. Better to let the model do her own make-up and wardrobe than try it yourself if you're not very good at it.

lol hmmmmm :bonk:

Last one for me, but id like to see the eyes pop a little more, this might help as the makeup is v dark. I like CTs edit, a bit of space to look into.
The others dont do much for me, pooor cropping in 1,
Like the guitar idea, just needs cleaning up a little.
Love the grey b/g.
Time for a sensor clean tho;)
Dean:)

Last one for me, but id like to see the eyes pop a little more, this might help as the makeup is v dark. I like CTs edit, a bit of space to look into.
The others dont do much for me, pooor cropping in 1,
Like the guitar idea, just needs cleaning up a little.
Love the grey b/g.
Time for a sensor clean tho;)
Dean:)

hmmm well sadly i was faced with a bad choice of either having to touch up a very difficult back-drop area (as it got bent and was showing the studio beside it), or in this case crop her footsie...so went with the easy idea lol. Yea, maybe the leads were a bti messy, or could have been placed a bit better.

#2 Very odd lighting
#3 An interesting pose, the sensor dust just adds to the character!
#4 Too masculine a pose!

Was that sensor dust on your 350D or H39 39? :LOL:

The more I look at the images, the more I just see black eyes. Very pretty girl, lovely complexion, nice hair....but black eyes....it really detracts from her real eyes which appear to have a sparkle hidden in there somewhere.

All this leads me to the questions (genuinely)....

What is this set meant to portray, what am I supposed to be thinking when I look at them, what is it trying to sell?

Bob

Back