Price for 8x12 print

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
I know this question is kind of like the old 'How long is a piece of string?' but I was just wondering what you would expect to pay for an 8x12 print? I was charged £4.99 per print and after looking at some online printers this seems to be a bit more than they are charging.
Thanks,
Quarto

Need more info, who charged you the £4.99? Was it the print lab or a pro photographer at your wedding?

Doesn't sound too steep to me. 8x12 is marginally larger than A4 so would be done on either an A3 sheet of paper (or possibly 2 prints at that size on a single A3+) and cut down to size or on custom cut paper. Add the cost of the paper and ink to the time involved in cutting the paper and the cost will soon rise.

It was just from the local photostore. They have a large printer and so just print off and then trim down as required. It is convenient to be able to pop in and get something printed when I'm in a hurry but if I am doing a lot of prints I may just try an online company. The price difference seems quite significant if printing of a number of prints. If anyone has any recommendations of companies to use they would be most welcome.
Thanks,
Quarto

Ds colour labs are 60p for one that size , with delivery from £3.99 . So you didn't really pay over the odds all considered .

I understand. I printed 5 so the difference in cost is relatively significant (6.99 vs 24.95 although it is convenient having them printed there and then while you wait. I will use them again for the odd print as their service was very good. Have you used DS Colour Labs in the past? Would you recommend them?
Thanks,
Quarto

We get callers in the shop every day for all sorts of sizes, our 12x8 prints are £4.40 each so you weren't really overcharged.
We print on 44" rolls of paper and stack all jobs into one run unless it's needed straight away then we will use a trimmed bit of paper to A3 and use that.

In a similar vein, when I have a few panoramas that I want printed, I create a single file of them one above the other with a 3mm gap between them and my local camera shop print them and charge me by the inch for the whole thing (24" wide.) I then cut the big sheet down, hence the 3mm gap - sometimes hard to see where the edges are on night scene panos!

Back