Price rises

33L

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
I have been on the lookout for a fast telephoto zoom and kept my eye on prices at jacobs as they have given me great service.

they had the 70-200 2.8 IS for 1200 its jumped to 1470. thats a big jump and above what i thought canon were increasing there prices!

anyone else feeling shafted!

Starting to feel that way, thinking of getting the 300 2.8 L in the next few months, has jumped from £2876.47 to £3,499.99 at Jacobs, others not gone up YET though, dont think it will be long before they do.

Blimey :eek::puke:

So some predicted rises have started then? Common figure seems to be about 20% at the moment.

Crikey, doesn't bear thinking about when I got my Canon 70-200 2.8 IS for £885 (including cashback) about 6 months ago..seemed expensive at the time..

I dunno about other peeps, but I'm gonna put off buying lenses for the next 6 months or so unless I desperately need that 85mm 1.2 to start my wedding photography project :|

It's mostly based on the poor performance of the Pound against other major currencies so unless you have funds in another currency you're going to have to grin and bear it or wait it out a while in the hope the Pound gains some strength again:(

Yep quite a few Nikons have gone up on Camera price buster.

And when you phone up the ones that have not gone up, they say

"will have to order in but new prices will apply" I've had this all last week :razz:

:thinking: Don't see any huge rises on the Nikon stuff, which ones have gone up?

I have been saving for a Nikon 70-300 AF-S VR for a few months. On Friday they went up from £275 to the cheapest in stock of about £330. Thise that are offering the lowest price of about £295 say that the price will go up when the get new stock. One suggested that Nikon have not been releasing enough stock so that it all goes at the higher RRP:nono:

Guess I will have to save a bit more:(

Back