Prices please? (quick replys needed) *crossposted*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
suze
Edit My Images
No
I did a wedding shoot and ive got 300 nice pictures.

Bride wants these on a disk - which is fine im happy to do so (well ish... but thats another matter).

How much?

Please note - I am not a pro... i have done 2 weddings, a few horse/dog photoshoots and happy customers.

I know this thread my offend pros..... so if it does DO not reply

I am trying to make this into a good business but again i am not there yet but dont want to rip myself off either

Thoughts please?

Let's not go there guys. Not worth the agro of getting wound up... So let's just bite our tongues, ok? :)

So you turned up and took the photos, and now you're deciding how much to charge? Seems a touch the wrong way round, but hey. A lot of low end and inexperienced professionals seem to be charging around £500 for a dvd of edited wedding pictures. If you can upsell the couple to reprints or an album, then you can of course mark these up too.

Essentially, especially because you already have the pictures, you're selling something as seen - they know what they're getting. So it's a case of balancing between what they can afford, and what you think is a fair rate.

I posted in your other thread (crossposting sucks btw) but forgot to mention that if you want to make it 'a good business' then you should be approaching it like a professional. The first step is asking for advice so at least you're making the effort there, but doing this after the event I find truly odd.

should have stated - it was ALL sorted BEFORE the wedding but i was then told after CD was wanted copyright free

please keep it on topic any replies and HELPFUL comments.................

i think around £400 is a fair rate... still low i admit but..........?

suze23 said:
should have stated - it was ALL sorted BEFORE the wedding but i was then told after CD was wanted copyright free

please keep it on topic any replies and HELPFUL comments.................

i think around £400 is a fair rate... still low i admit but..........?

+1 should be agreed first.

300 images on a disc, I assume you will tweak them all..exposure, crops etc....£400 minimum I'd say.

So hang on (and I AM trying to be helpful), are you saying that you have ALREADY been paid a fee to attend the wedding and now you're talking of a sep fee for supplying the images? Or is it that you agreed a fee in advance but wanted to retain copyright.

If it says in your contract that you will retain copyright and prints must be ordered through you, then I don't think £500 would be unreasonable to 'release' you from that, assuming you haven't already charged a fortune.

However, if you have no contract and it was never really stated what would happen AND have already been paid to attend then I think you should give them the shots for a nominal fee and consider it a lesson learned.

Whilst I don't like to see people undervaluing the industry by charging next to nothing, I also don't like the profiteering nature that bolting on 'hidden extras' (in the eyes of the client) indicates. I'm not saying you did this, just that I have heard it happen and I think it does our entire industry a dis-service.

ok ok we agreed on a price per pic. which was fine

But im asking about for all uncopyrighted images on a CD.... i dont think £400 is unresonable tbh....

But ok forget i asked and yes lesson learnt..............!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back