Pride of Glasgow

Name
Lawrence
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this picture in Glasgow today. Anyone who knows Glasgow will know that this is quite a famous landmark which represents the character of the city.

I hope you enjoy the picture and any opinions or criticisms would be appreciated.

5308063570_17324fc3ef_b.jpg

I'm tempted to say it represents the ned culture of the city. At least they could put on a new cone.

as a picture - not for me.... no focal point, soft / no sharpness...

As an easy point score opportunity for those outside Glasgow ... 10/10

Last edited:
Better shot at dusk when the lights are on :) THe image does look a bit on the soft side

Traffic cones have been put on the Duke of Wellington's statue ever since cones were invented. You'd think the novelty would have worn off by now.

I'm tempted to say it represents the ned culture of the city. At least they could put on a new cone.

Yeah, that could be right. I try not to look at it like that and I have always thought of the traffic cone on the statue's head as a symbol of people not taking themselves to seriously.

Traffic cones have been put on the Duke of Wellington's statue ever since cones were invented. You'd think the novelty would have worn off by now.

The cone is part of the statue and it would not be the same without it.

Thanks for the opinions on the shot. I have had my DSLR less than a week so I still have an awful lot to learn.

(y)

Back